LegacyGT.com

Levorg on sale soon...

boxkita

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be thrilled with a Levorg, it's the closest to perfect (all it needs is to be a diesel hybrid but somehow still a 6MT, is that so much to ask?) I could get at a price I liked.

Hybrid / electric / hydrogen will surely come at some point, and it will be interesting to see which direction Subaru takes on this. An MT and Diesel combination seems extremely unlikely for Levorg or pretty much any other mainstream Subaru from here on. Neither Diesel nor MT look likely to receive further development Yen. Diesel is entering its death throes, and MT will have left the building well before the internal combustion engine has made its final bow.

Crosstrek XT is about the only thing they could call it that makes any sense. I'm still not sure why people buy a Crosstrek over a Forester or an Impreza Sport in the first place. But they do. And I'm sure they'd choose a Crosstrek XT over a Forester XT for the same reasons.

The Forester like the new Legacy has grown in size, so perhaps there is demand for something sporty closer in size to the old-school Forester. Crosstrek XT could be something, and Subaru did show this at the Tokyo show

http://images.thecarconnection.com/med/subaru-viziv-future-concept-2015-tokyo-motor-show_100529937_m.jpg

But it looks more like a bunch of detailed styling cues for the next gen Forester than anything else to me. And Forester deserves the love as it is Subaru's 3rd best selling model in Japan (after Impreza and Levorg). There isn't a problem as there was with post 2008 Legacy.

WRX is now a model name, so there won't be any WRX Foresters or WRX Crosstreks. There have been STI-tuned limited edition Foresters, and potentially STI Levorg - possibly with MT - has been hinted at several times. But these are produced in miniscule numbers and priced at an impressive premium.

But with Subaru, who knows. They almost always do the thing we weren't expecting.

What do you call the space between your back seat and hatch, where you store your stuff? I call mine a trunk.

The Back.

Before she died, Zoe loved to ride in The Back.

Can't do that in a trunk. Nope, Zoe would not have liked riding in a trunk. I'm thinking that without windows she would have not enjoyed the ride.

10906345075_6b2846c8a0_c.jpgZoe The Scholar by racerx6948, on Flickr

Yep.

Dogs love riding in a wagon, but I bet a trunk would be out of the question.

{Although I never got a shot of Miss Zoe in The Back, I did manage to snap a shot of her as she was reading the paper. She liked to read.}

• 2 weeks later...
The new Legacys don't suck, they're actually a very good car, probably the best sedan (fit/finish/equipment wise) that Subaru has made yet if you can overlook the lack of a true performance model. If they did suck they would be sitting on dealers lots, but the opposite is true, Subaru can't make them fast enough. They appeal to certain type of person, just not you.

I also would be all over the Levorg if they brought it here.

I hope for a 6MT option yearly and curse the Canadians daily.

Hybrid / electric / hydrogen will surely come at some point, and it will be interesting to see which direction Subaru takes on this. An MT and Diesel combination seems extremely unlikely for Levorg or pretty much any other mainstream Subaru from here on. Neither Diesel nor MT look likely to receive further development Yen. Diesel is entering its death throes, and MT will have left the building well before the internal combustion engine has made its final bow.

When I was in Japan a month ago, the Subaru salesman I talked to said all new Subarus, other than the STi, were all CVT.

Personally, I'd go for a EE20 based hybrid Crosstrek, rather than a gas based hybrid.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

When I was in Japan a month ago, the Subaru salesman I talked to said all new Subarus, other than the STi, were all CVT.

BRZ is also available in manual in Japan

The 2.5 engine is only available on the Legacy/Outback. There are now (currently at least) no turbo Legacy/Outback models in Japan, and the H6 is long gone.

The WRX STI/S207 use the EJ20 engine now. The 2.5 is fading gently into the sunset. There is no manual WRX, and I don't see a lot of either WRX or WRX STI on the road anymore. I do see a lot of other Levorgs, though.

Outside of the Levorg WRX wagon/hatch, there is way more Subaru product choice in the US than in Japan.

Are you sure you don't want me to bother you?!

Is it just me or does the red Subaru have a different front end then the Levorg but is a hatch back with an STI badge. Does anyone think this could be the Hatchback STI? I know a lot of people are not happy that it only comes in a sedan. Just something I noticed that I felt like I should point it out.

• 4 weeks later...
Is it just me or does the red Subaru have a different front end then the Levorg but is a hatch back with an STI badge. Does anyone think this could be the Hatchback STI? I know a lot of people are not happy that it only comes in a sedan. Just something I noticed that I felt like I should point it out.

The red car in the video is a Levorg with the optional STi grill.

BRZ is also available in manual in Japan

The 2.5 engine is only available on the Legacy/Outback. There are now (currently at least) no turbo Legacy/Outback models in Japan, and the H6 is long gone.

The WRX STI/S207 use the EJ20 engine now. The 2.5 is fading gently into the sunset. There is no manual WRX, and I don't see a lot of either WRX or WRX STI on the road anymore. I do see a lot of other Levorgs, though.

Outside of the Levorg WRX wagon/hatch, there is way more Subaru product choice in the US than in Japan.

I just automatically check out Subaru's as they go past (although usually on the expressway it's me going past) and new model WRX's and WRX STi's are quite rare, Levorg's however are common as around here. I've counted 9 parked within a couple of k's of my apartment, there are no WRX's or WRX Sti's.

We need the Levorg STi concept here. **** this CVT garbage. 6mt, all the horsepowers, all of it.

I really hope Subaru make a manual Levorg. But I'm not holding my breath. And even if they do, the chances of it going to America are slim to nil.

I spend a lot of my time stuck in massive Tokyo traffic jams: Manual is not an option. Paddle-shifts are never going to have the feedback or 'oneness' of manual, but as paddle-shift transmissions go, this CVT is pretty good. Economical, too (not that we care with crude at a 12-year low, and heading lower). When I eventually finish making enough money to retire on and don't need to spend my days stuck on 'kampachi' anymore, I will buy myself an old-school, manual, NSX.

I just automatically check out Subaru's as they go past (although usually on the expressway it's me going past) and new model WRX's and WRX STi's are quite rare, Levorg's however are common as around here. I've counted 9 parked within a couple of k's of my apartment, there are no WRX's or WRX Sti's.

So I'm not the only one who does this ;-) I live in Mitaka, home to STI, which means there are a lot of Subarus around here, including a whole lot of Levorgs (I have no connection with subaru/STI other than as a customer). Very, very few WRX/STI sedans, however.

PS looking for a nice simple radar detector. Any suggestions?

Great news about BTCC. Makes much more sense than the current and rather sad WRC series.

The car will have the 2 liter engine and a sequential 6-speed transmission which is great. RWD is less great, but them's the rules of BTCC.

• 2 months later...
The first BTCC race was this past weekend and by all reports, considering the cars had just been finished and not really tested didn't do too badly. Here in the states it looks like they'll be replaying the races a week after on the CBS Sports Network.

1718258337_LevorgBTCCBH.jpglarge.thumb.jpg.10f5257c58c675e0044112feb4be017f.jpg

• 1 month later...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/subaru-sti-tuned-wagon-haul-133305822.html

it is coming...but not to the US...sadly!!!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Yeah, Levorg STI would be the only Subaru I would consider buying.

Ok, I may re-consider BRZ, if they give it some extra ponies in the next generation.

Archived