LegacyGT.com

Bugeyemania 05 GRP LGT Limited

2005 Legacy GT GRP Wagon Limited

Edit/Delete Message Report Post Send a private message to bugeyemania Find all posts by bugeyemania Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Whats up Everyone!

Been a fan of subaru every since my neighbor down the street brought home his first STI. That exhaust note every single time he came down our street had me hooked!

Just Purchased my second Subaru (First Legacy) and i have to say i am completely hooked by the style and comfort along with the performance coming from a Wagon!

I sold my WRX 4 months ago and went carless as i searched for something with more space and since I am 6'4 i became focused on a Forester XT for the longest time...

It didnt take long for me to see how hard it is to find a 5MT forester in good condition and after a long search i found this site and this Legacy literally fell into my lap.

After a 37 hour weekend drive to pick her up in Massachusetts i finally have something that is exactly what i was looking for.

For a 10 year vehicle this car is in GREAT CONDITION.

all recommended service has been taken care of and it even came with some added go fast bits

-20MM Whiteline & Cusco

-Gates Timing Belt/Water Pump etc... April 2015

-GMS Turboback Exhaust - (Looking to swap for more mellow exhaust! maybe a resonator... Cant Decide)

-Cobb AP V2 W/ Stage 2 OTS Map

-Exedy stage 1 organic sport clutch and ACT Streetlight Flywheel

Removing the banjo bolts and changing the uppipe this weekend!

will link my build thread once I have it all uploaded!

Big Shoutout to Legacygt.com member Redleg for his excellent ownership and this great car. man even included orginal wheels with newish Blizzak tires.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything From Here on is all my own doing.. :icon_twis

7/1/15

Perrin Catless Uppipe Purchased from Nasioc Member

Uppipe.jpg.6b73f653096e6021a16d15a9d687d698.jpg

car.JPG.3ef89727845e8cd28cd8aa07e9bb83f7.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

7/21/15

Purchased a Koni Sport Kit from Supporting Vendor Emnotek

Immediately after purchasing the Lego I decided to lay down a clear cut path of which components of the vehicle i would want to tackle first. this being my daily driver it only seems right to tackle various suspension and drivetrain components.

After spending alot of time browsing various forums and comparing countless user reviews but i believe this is going to be the right specs for my ride and these Michigan roads. picking up a set of donor struts for the front inserts and to also reduce downtime.

$628 shipped from Emnotek if anyone is interested..def the LOWEST price on the web. :dm:

7/28/15

Whiteline Comp C's Ordered Today.

Once I finally get a break from work I should finally be able to install this kit. Before and After photos to come!

Any Active members using this setup?

Scoring some Front struts for my inserts this weekend and then its on to the Brake lines and Rotors...

Already Hording Parts :spin:

I get my Koni's from Emnotek too. Definitely the best price and because of my location I get them the next day.

Here i thought i received quick shipping. :eek:

I'm using Koni + H&Rs and WL Com-C's in the front. They gave me just enough adjustment to fit some fat 245/40R18 tires on 18x8.5 wheels. Very pleased with the set-up so far.

seriously looking forward to putting this setup on the car ASAP. did you replace your rear hats? if so, where did you get them from? :confused:

I didn't replace the rear hats - WL only has Com-C hats for the front. I think Group N may have rear hats, but only to serve as a beefier replacement for OEM and doesn't provide camber/caster adjustment. I did pick up a set of WL KCA399 to help with the camber adjustment in the rear though.

I didn't replace the rear hats - WL only has Com-C hats for the front. I think Group N may have rear hats, but only to serve as a beefier replacement for OEM and doesn't provide camber/caster adjustment. I did pick up a set of WL KCA399 to help with the camber adjustment in the rear though.

Awesome! Yeah depending on the shape of the rear hats i will either order OEM or leave them in.

I also plan on buying that kit.. its on a long growing list of items :bbq:

Little update!

Finally went to work installing my koni inserts into the front housings.

Ordered a Whiteline roll center kit and some replacement bushings for various suspension parts.

Should be putting most of

It together within the next week.

Pictures to come from the job this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, solid choices for suspension upgrades. It'll be a fun wagon to toss around.

Thanks!

I'm looking forward to it. Really excited to get the job done and see how she sits.

• 3 weeks later...

Completely forgot to update guys.

Last week I installed all my suspension parts. Here's how she currently sits. Really a mild drop but the performance is amazing.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/25/be52b2e24cdc62e14a3a790cc63e62ba.jpg

Saggy butt spacer. Wagons will usually require a set (1/4"-3/8") to raise the rear a bit and even out the stance. If you don't need one, that's always a plus.

gotcha!

Yeah I installed 3/8 spacers. Really happy with how it turned out.

Archived