LegacyGT.com

DIY: 05-07 All-in-One Flip Key Mod Conversion

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IS the process the same for paring a fob to a car as it is for a new key? I have the key in the top right, I lost one and bought a new one and had it cut but as I understand it the immobilizer chip in the key is the hurdle at this point.

I paired a fob to a 05 LGT via the lock switch method a while ago but not sure what to do with the new key except pay the dealer $125.00 to pair.

• 3 weeks later...
i wanted to do away with my 05 legacy key with separate alarm remote, and get the alarm remote in key (nonflip) like in the top right picture. need advice.

*Buy the non flips.

*Get them cut

*Get the(all in one remotes) programed using the steps listed

*Get dealer to program the chips.

*Drive away with working all in 1 key

All the flips do is take the all in 1 remote and chip and put them in a pretty package that I just had to have because the 05 key is ugly as sin and the all in 1 looks Toyotaish.

• 2 months later...

Any chance you could help a fellow marylander with this? i was sad when i was given a key AND fob. I tried to PM you but i dont think they went through, nothing in my sent.

Thanks! if not ill give it an attempt and hopefully not break things.

• 6 months later...
I've tried searching on eBay and can't really find a seller that has shells with a regular key. Does anyone know a seller or any where else I could look. I'd really like yup do this for my legacy and Forester. Edited by slvrlegacygt

I've tried searching on eBay and can't really find a seller that has shells with a regular key. Does anyone know a seller or any where else I could look. I'd really like yup do this for my legacy and Forester.

Just looked and didn't find any either. Seems like they dried up. Maybe you can find just the blanks?

As long as the remote transmitter's FCC ID is: CWTWBU766. Thats the one i used and had success with my car. The FCC ID is different in the one you posted. Also make sure the key style is "Blade"

• 3 months later...

The shell looks correct! But the key blank style is different! Those are the "laser cut" style. You want the "Blade" style

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Folding-Modified-Remote-Key-Shell-Case-3-1-Button-for-Subaru-Legacy-Outback-/172220836736?hash=item2819296b80:g:RpoAAOSwR5dXR78F&vxp=mtr

Thanks! Ordered 2.

• 3 months later...

Kicking dust on an old thread just want to make sure I'm getting the correct AIO key it's been said that we need AIO key with FCID of CWTWB1U766 will this work on an 06 GT that has a key fob FCID OF NHVWB1U711??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kicking dust on an old thread just want to make sure I'm getting the correct AIO key it's been said that we need AIO key with FCID of CWTWB1U766 will this work on an 06 GT that has a key fob FCID OF NHVWB1U711??

No problem! If your asking about the remote transmitter, then yes. I used the remote transmitter with FCID CWTWB1U766, and was able to successfully program it on my 06 LGT, and had full function my 06 LGT.

So your 06 LGT Remote has FCID NHVWB1U711. I just checked my OEM remote and it has the same FCID as you stated.

Okay cool thanks. ,just ordered 2 AIO keys from fleabay hoping one of them will work on my Tribeca it has the same fcid as the legacy. Now just have to find a place that can clone the chips

Nice! Do you have a Subaru dealer local?

I haven't cloned the chips yet, I have a key buried deep in the car for remote start so I may just sacrifice the OEM keys for the chip depending on the price. I also have a 2 way pager alarm so the fobs haven't been high on my list to program. Using oem fobs sets off the aftermarket alarm.

For the seller(s) I used, I purchased 2 all in one keys and flip key with blade using "Make Offer" button and rounding them both down.

I do but I haven't called to ask about the keys yet. I figured I would once I went in, to have the airbag recalls done on the GT and the B9

Pretty much when I was gonna have it done if I did this route. There was a few locksmiths that I had copy working chipped keys but they were older GM ones. I've had it done by a dealer before but I don't remember what they charged me in 2008 for it.