LegacyGT.com

Anyone else into RC's?

I'm running the Hobbywing Max 8 ESC, Hobbystar 4076 1700kv with 16 tooth pinion and a Savox 1270TG servo that I waterproofed myself. Oh yeah, I run that setup on 6s.

What do you have other than the Losi's you posted earlier.

I agree, Nitro has it's nostalgia and coolness factor, but the electric stuff is hard to beat all around.

Can't go wrong with hobbywing. I use Savox servos as well.

Slash VXL

Arrma Typhon

Helion volition

Helion buggy(can't remember the name and it's for my kids)

Losi Mini 8 Desert Buggy

Hot Bodies D413

I just bash mainly but I do go to a local hobbytown track and a local private outdoor track.

Haha, you can tell you have a Hobbytown close by with those Helion cars. That is the place that started my interests in the ground RC stuff.

I only bash as well.

Where are you at?

No monster trucks or Truggys? You must have raced at one point...? I love the big wheels for launching the RC to the moon.:)

Yea, the volition was the first hobby grade RC car I bought when I got back into the hobby as an adult. Wish I just spent the extra 200 buck and bought the Senton. Such a better SCT in every way. I modded the crap out of the volition but it still had a few weak points. I don't drive either of those anymore. The kids do when they're not broken.

I am South of Milwaukee. Oak Creek area.

The losi Ten-MT is my only truggy/MT. It's advertised as a M/T but really it's a truggy with some fat tires on it. It's the losi that's next to the 8ight in the pic I posted. It just has 1/8th scale buggy tires on it in the pic because I was racing it in a "high powered offroad" class and the buggy tires while less fun handle better. I too love bashing with bigger tires, I have actually put wheel hex extenders on my 8ight e and ran M/T tires on it. The ballooning really gives you control in the air.

I had a nitro Traxxas JATO for a while and a cheap ECX Stadium truck. They were a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the hobby but it got really expensive--so I decided to buy a broken high mileage Subaru! If I get back into the hobby, I'd be interested in buying a quadcopter or a scale crawler.

Yea, the volition was the first hobby grade RC car I bought when I got back into the hobby as an adult. Wish I just spent the extra 200 buck and bought the Senton. Such a better SCT in every way. I modded the crap out of the volition but it still had a few weak points. I don't drive either of those anymore. The kids do when they're not broken.

I am South of Milwaukee. Oak Creek area.

The losi Ten-MT is my only truggy/MT. It's advertised as a M/T but really it's a truggy with some fat tires on it. It's the losi that's next to the 8ight in the pic I posted. It just has 1/8th scale buggy tires on it in the pic because I was racing it in a "high powered offroad" class and the buggy tires while less fun handle better. I too love bashing with bigger tires, I have actually put wheel hex extenders on my 8ight e and ran M/T tires on it. The ballooning really gives you control in the air.

Ah, we are fairly close... at least in the same state.

Yeah, that ballooning makes for some fancy tricks.:)

I did see some good reviews of the Losi Ten-MT. Is that all stock electronics?

I had a nitro Traxxas JATO for a while and a cheap ECX Stadium truck. They were a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the hobby but it got really expensive--so I decided to buy a broken high mileage Subaru! If I get back into the hobby, I'd be interested in buying a quadcopter or a scale crawler.

LOL, they are all expensive hobbies!

Those mini quads are really fun in the house, if you don't have one of those. Then you can upgrade to a tiny whoop and get into the FPV stuff too.

I have that TRX4 for a crawler/scaler, it's a pretty awesome rig and I haven't broken too many things on it. I have a bunch of miles on it too.

Yes, we are close. I drive through Madison all the time in summer on my way to the camper we have outside the Dells.

The ten-mt is stock electronics minus the servo. A Savox SW-1210SG which is a waterproof alum case servo. Not super quick but decent trq and way better than stock. Anytime I put a car on a track with a stock servo I can outdrive what the servo can do so I tend to change them. Since I use a spektrum DX4S I can bind to most losi's as horizon hobby uses spektrum receivers from factory. So I never really drove the car with the stock radio. It's a decent truck with a couple little flaws. The electronics get hot but the motor is a 550... not a 540 like most 10th scale motors. I also had a problem with the ESC turning on and off until I let it cool down. Thing was it was never over 120F so it's warm but not overheating hot. Some day I'll put an 1/8th scale system in there and run it on 4s, a car that light will tear ass on 4s. The worst part of the cars design though is the steering arm location. It always boggled my mind that the ten-mt is basically a scaled down 8ight e but they changed the steering setup for some reason from the 8ight. Basically the steering arm goes slightly over the corner of the servo mount... which means the car can turn further to 1 direction than the other.... very annoying on tight tracks. I had a buddy 3d print me a steering arm with a bend in it which got me another few degrees of steering but it's still no where near as much travel as my 8ighte e.

Archived