LegacyGT.com

Brake System Upgrades for 2001 Legacy L Wagon

Anonymous

I am looking for any feedback on brake system improvements made on the Legacy L 2001. I am not terribly happy with the oem system; feels mushy and gives one the feeling that the car will not stop. I am also considering the Cobb Engineering Upgrade Kit which includes new pads and SS lines. Thank you.

Nothing helps the feel of the brakes to be more responsive than SS brake lines. Pads of course can be a big help as well. The SS lines alone make a huge diference in feel, but the pads will help out in actual improvement of stopping distance. Definitely do it.

I am running the Cobb/Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake lines and Akebono ProACT Ceramic Pads which can be purchased from the Tire Rack. The good characteristics of OE pads like low dusting and noise levels are kept with a better heat range and bite. If you are running 16" wheels, I suggested to one person to upgrade to the WRX front brake upgrade kit and he was very impressed of the setup. He's on the Cobb forum under the name Letitsnow, ask him how he likes the full combo if you wish. It was one of my best upgrades! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm in the same predicament. But, next Sunday I hope to install my new SS lines, Carbotech brake pads, and upgraded brake fluid. I'll let you know how much of a difference it makes. If it doesn't do enough for me than I'll upgrade the front rotors, although I'm hoping that I won't have to.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived