LegacyGT.com

need help limited legacy

trying to decide on the color, lapis blue pearl or the carbide gray??????? both look nice I do not see any lapis blues on the road while driving. Either harder to get or people dont like the color......Also one more bit of info needed please eyesight adds about 1000.00 is it worth it? I would entertain any and all thoughts abouth this. Thanks in advance., I have been scimming this site for weeks to leearn about the legacy.Great site lots of great folks with good info, and ideas. Thanks JIM

According to Car & Driver (in their most recent issue), 72% of new cars sold in 2014 were white, grey, silver, or black.

Only 28% of all cars sold in the US had pigment in them? Easy choice - stand out with Blue!

Most of the cars here in HI are white, so getting blue (my favorite color anyway) was an easy choice.

something else you may want to at least slightly consider is resale. As 2_From_NH stated, 72% of all cars sold in 2014 were "standard" colors, so the market for you to sell your car in x years is significantly smaller if it's not one of these "standard" colors. Even if you go to trade your car in, a dealer will probably use the same logic, so you may get a lower trade-in value. With that being said, the Lapis Blue is a gorgeous color!

Between lapsis blue pearl and the carbide gray, I vote for carbide gray. That is my car's color. Now, i think that Twilight Blue Metallic is somewhat better color then carbide gray, but that is just me. To see how beautiful that color is, you just need to see it on the real car, not on the photos or those color squares. For all other question, you should search this forum:

http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/sixth-generation-legacy-2015-137.html

something else you may want to at least slightly consider is resale. As 2_From_NH stated, 72% of all cars sold in 2014 were "standard" colors, so the market for you to sell your car in x years is significantly smaller if it's not one of these "standard" colors. Even if you go to trade your car in, a dealer will probably use the same logic, so you may get a lower trade-in value. With that being said, the Lapis Blue is a gorgeous color!

That can also work to ones advantage. Whenever I had a car with non standard color or color combo, it always sold right away due to being rather rare....

It is still pretty hard to find a Legacy with white exterior and black int. I held up buying a white one for a long time since they only came with beige int in the past.

So it can play either way.

• 1 month later...

I originally was very drawn to the Lapis Blue, beautiful color, but the deal killer was I couldn't get the black interior with it. That helped me narrow it down to white, gray, or silver, but in person at a dealer the Crystal White seemed to call my name the loudest.

After I ordered it I was a bit worried the color might look more conservative than I wanted but since its a nice bright white (not ivory) and the metallic is subtle I'm very pleased with it. Especially when I wash it. :D

I would think you would pretty easily be able to see some Carbide Gray examples on dealers lots, around here most of the stock Legacys are either silver or gray.

By the way I love the Eyesight. If you drive in heavy traffic the blind spot detection is priceless even though rear visibility is great in the car. Also once you have the adaptive cruise control you'll never know how you lived without it. For what its worth, my salesman said he ordered an Outback for his wife without Eyesight to save the money but now every time he delivers a car and explains the features he kicks himself repeatedly and wished he had ordered it.

Archived