LegacyGT.com

WRX USA's 09 OBXT Build Thread

WRX USA

• 1 month later...
how does your build thread not have more info about this?

What would you like to know?

Since you asked:

Looks like you cut the rear bumper to fit it. If yes, how did that go? Happy with it?

What hangers/etc did you use?

What mid pipe?

How does it sound vs your previous setup?

Do you love it?

Sound clip?

and more pics.

Since you asked:

Looks like you cut the rear bumper to fit it. If yes, how did that go? Happy with it?

What hangers/etc did you use?

What mid pipe?

How does it sound vs your previous setup?

Do you love it?

Sound clip?

and more pics.

I actually bought 2 sets of JDM mufflers, these Prodrives and some quad tip Corazon's. I wanted the Corazon's to fit so I tried them first but they rear beam kept them from bolting up to the midpipe. I bolted up the Prodrives and then drove around for 5-10 minutes and then trimmed the bumper. I have been melting the foam absorber between the skin and the beam, but that will eventually stop. Long term, I plan on gettting a JDM rear bumper, with the proper beam, so I could use either setup. For now, I am happy with it.

I'm using all Kartboy XL hangers.

I still have the Nameless midpipe.

I think the Prodrives sound much refined than the Nameless 5" mufflers. I never disliked the Nameless setup, I think I just wanted something that was overall quieter. I do love this setup, even though I am no longer stealthy looking I am much stealthier sounding.

For how much?

I'm open to offers. It would be the hood, fenders (w/flares), fender liners, headlights, foglights w/Diode Dynamics LEDs, grille, front bumper, front beam, absorber, and headlight mounting brackets. Basically every thing you need to convert a pre-facelift Outback XT to a facelifted Outback XT. No dents or major damage, I am just switching to the JDM facelift.

I actually bought 2 sets of JDM mufflers, these Prodrives and some quad tip Corazon's. I wanted the Corazon's to fit so I tried them first but they rear beam kept them from bolting up to the midpipe. I bolted up the Prodrives and then drove around for 5-10 minutes and then trimmed the bumper. I have been melting the foam absorber between the skin and the beam, but that will eventually stop. Long term, I plan on gettting a JDM rear bumper, with the proper beam, so I could use either setup. For now, I am happy with it.

I'm using all Kartboy XL hangers.

I still have the Nameless midpipe.

I think the Prodrives sound much refined than the Nameless 5" mufflers. I never disliked the Nameless setup, I think I just wanted something that was overall quieter. I do love this setup, even though I am no longer stealthy looking I am much stealthier sounding.

Sounds a lot like mine, actually. Probably ELH effect. I still am running oem mid pipe though.

thanks!

There's a local here doing the Facelift JDM Outback swap. Can't wait to see yours done.

I dropped off everything at the body shop today. They are super busy so it will be next week, at the earliest, but probably longer. I wanted to get all of those parts out of my house so they didn't get damaged before I even painted them.

Which mufflers do you have?

Pro Tuning Labs http://www.protuninglab.com/cbe-legacy-t2-ss.html. I need a few minutes to hit Autozone for a few bolts to get the mid and Y put on. Which I will probably hate, then promptly order a Vibrant UltraQ.

Even the slight rasp above 5k sounds similar, but built-in mics, environmental differences and the internet are never to be trusted. My sound clip in the garage is very misleading, because of all the high frequency reflections... Sounds much deeper and less raspy to me IRL, unless above 5k. I need to do an outside sound clip way away from walls like you did. rookie mistake.

edit: the ProDrives muffle the rasp more, in a good way, definite improvement, but overall the sound signature seems really similar.

Edited by rebourne

• 3 weeks later...