LegacyGT.com

WRX USA's 09 OBXT Build Thread

WRX USA

• 1 month later...
It’s been just over a month since my dad passed away. I inherited his Tesla Model S 85D which I have been driving. I had the Outback transported back up to Portland and it’s been in the garage since the beginning of the month. I purchased the Cobb Flex Fuel kit and I’m fairly sure I’ll need to send it back to Cobb to get the correct 5 wire harness. I plan on keeping the Outback and most likely selling the bugeye.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dropped off my car at Surgeline for Cobb flex fuel install and dyno tune. I’m also recirculating the EWG back into the exhaust so peak hp/tq numbers on pump will probably come down. It is scheduled to go on to the dyno on Thursday.

Recirc was the original plan.

Per their recommendation I needed to get the fuel tank at about 1/4 tank so they could tune on pump gas before adding E85 and tuning on that. I was just above a 1/2 tank so I took a drive to the Benchmade factory thinking that would be enough but then I remembered how long it had been since I had driven my car and how the last time I got gas was actually in California so I didn’t even have 92 octane in the rest of the tank so I drove down to Creswell Bakery, just south of Eugene, for a late lunch and then on my return trip almost ran out of gas before I found a Chevron.

Surgeline just called to let me know that my fuel filter was dirty (aka black) and that Cobb’s listing on their website for 09 OBXT’s Flex Fuel kit is incorrect. My car needed a 5 pin harness, not the 3 pin, and since Surgeline stocks them they swapped and handled the exchange through Cobb.

Dyno is set for tomorrow afternoon.

did they send you a picture? How many miles on that filter?

No picture. It may have been original, so 140k+ miles.

It’s always nerve wracking getting a call from them when I know they are going to do a dyno tune because I always think it’s a “your shit is broken” is call.

I just got a call from Surgeline and it was bad news but nothing catastrophic. The flex fuel kit uses the rear 02 harness connection and when my 6MT was installed that piece must have disappeared with my 5MT. There is one of the harnesses left in the country that will be here next week and then the dyno will happen.