LegacyGT.com

WRX USA's 09 OBXT Build Thread

WRX USA

Can you comment on the effectiveness on the oil dipstick? I'm intrigued by the idea.

I need to do my 500 mile oil change. It seems like the level is on the high side right now. Once I know how much oil is in there, I can comment on the effectiveness.

Yep, that looks so much better.

How are the seats after living with them awhile?

Thanks, I like that the EDM center console seems to have a theme going with the circles whereas USDM is all about fitting a Big Gulp size beverage.

The driver’s seat is high relative to the Recaro’s in my bugeye, but I’m fairly sure it’s the mounting brackets being low mount. I only notice when I get out of one and into the other, otherwise the seating position doesn’t bother me a but. The seats are way more comfortable and much more supportive than OEM. Part of the issue with the OEM Outback seats is that the leather is slippery and the Alcantara doesn’t have that problem.

nice to see you finished your edm interior !

does the grey trim match the door ? i repainted all , there is diffferent grey trim ! anyway the silver /grey oem is not so nice , i will recommend that you find a nice color and repaint all .

i see you have a foot rest ,is it just a cover or doe rise up ? confortable , better ?

nice to see you finished your edm interior !

does the grey trim match the door ? i repainted all , there is diffferent grey trim ! anyway the silver /grey oem is not so nice , i will recommend that you find a nice color and repaint all .

i see you have a foot rest ,is it just a cover or doe rise up ? confortable , better ?

I have JDM door cards that have matching trim but of course I have to swap the portion of the door cards with the switches from USDM door cards for the front to get the drivers side switches on the left side. I attempted to paint match them but I’m not happy with the results so I’ve been looking for a paint shop to match the grey.

The dead pedal just matches the pedals that I swapped in. I honestly don’t notice any difference.

to paint it will step up the interior , more shiny also cause of clear coat !

there is so many variant of silver available , the problem is to choose one , i finally choosed the color of my car , atlantic blue , and i dont regret it at all ! its night and day compare to the flat oem silver .

will update my post !

Dropped off my USDM door cards parts at the paint shop to be paint matched to the JDM grey to match my dash trim. The guy kept asking for the VIN of the car that they came from to get the paint code and I kept explaining to him that MY VIN wasn’t going to help and there was no way I was going to be able to get the VIN of the card that my JDM door cards came from. Sounds like early to mid next week. Edited by WRX USA

Your car looks great as always. But is it me or your headlights appear in need of polishing? Maybe it's me :spin:

They could use a polish. My non washer JDM headlights are in better condition.

Installed the Liberal under panel. It uses the same 4 clips along the bottom edge of the bumper and then 3M on the trailing edge.

89lZubY_d.jpg?maxwidth=2560&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Of course now I need to polish my Prodrive mufflers. I also got some of the Grimmspeed exhaust hangers with 1.5” and 2” drop to see if I can better center the tips in the cutouts.

Edited by WRX USA

Do you have a picture looking straight at the rear of the car? Also, do you suffer from bumper melting at all? Probably not...

sq9P8u6_d.jpg?maxwidth=2560&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

I can take some better pics tomorrow.

Also no bumper melt.

I used those GS exhaust hangers. Man those things are stiff.

You have the special exhaust hanger pliers?

I do, good to hear that I need them because I haven’t used them yet.

Edited by WRX USA