LegacyGT.com

WRX USA's 09 OBXT Build Thread

WRX USA

I forgot to ask you: what do you use for your backup camera? Android tablet, rear view mirror? just curious.

I have the JDM double din setup with a Pioneer AVIC headunit. I have the STi Gauge pack so I can't do anything in the cubby and a Prova yellow rear view mirror so I can do anything there either. Real first world problems...

• 2 months later...
so are you selling the round one? I still need to buy my birthday present :lol:

Most likely I’ll be selling the round one later this week. I just want to confirm I love the D shaped one first.

In general, how much is that seat? Airbag still works?

I bought it at the same time I bought a rear seat and door cards and had everything shipped via boat. I was super paranoid that the boat was going to get sunk by a North Korean nuke on its way over but it made it. It was definitely over $1000 but not as much $1500. Airbag is working and it was plug and play with an adapter that I bought from Yahoo Japan Auctions.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed JDM reclining rear seat brackets.

USDM fixed seat bracket

C12FmGL_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Drilled out hole to 11mm for M8 rivet nut

4KB6UVD_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Installing rivet nut

qZOrMsO_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

JDM reclining rear seat bracket

4HfZIV0_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Edited by WRX USA

I did not know that our gen had reclining seats in other parts of the world. I only recalled the new gens. Nice. And this will work with our 'regular' rear seats?

Your car is slowly becoming a unicorn.

I have JDM SpecB wagon rear seats. They have a spring in the hinge that allows the seat to recline back and forward with no manipulation of the actual seat by the user (other than pressing the button). The JDM rear seats also have an electronic release that is accessible from the back of the car such that you can fold down the seats by pressing two buttons (not the releases on the tops of the seats). I still need to wire that up. Also you need the rear trim panels, that have slots for the reclining brackets and move the tonneau cover back so that the seats can recline.

JDM SpecB half leather/half black Alcantara rear seat in full recline mode.

qpyLlGR_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Wow, I had no idea there was a JDM rear seat that had leather/alcantara. Had I known I probably would have tried to source one of those before paying for mine to be fully reupholstered. But car is looking great, loving the added interior pieces!

Looking good. But I spot the beige seat belt buckle :hide:

What is this thing behind your driver seat? Looks like a subwoofer.

I know, I also need the black front seat belt buckles too. That’s a no spill water bowl for my dog that generally rides in the back seat.

I see.

You're not afraid that your dog will eventually damage your seats and stuff? I guess you

are probably using some kind of seat cover.

I have several rear seat covers that I generally keep on. Alcantara is actually easy to clean, with the right stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Looking good. But I spot the beige seat belt buckle :hide:

I installed the black buckles tonight. One nice thing about the JDM buckles is that you can separate the side buckles from the buckles for the center rear position.

JDM rear seats also have an electronic release that is accessible from the back of the car such that you can fold down the seats by pressing two buttons...Also you need the rear trim panels, that have slots for the reclining brackets and move the tonneau cover back so that the seats can recline.

Hi, love the work you've done on your BPE

Just thought I'd show others what you are refering too here

I have a JDM H6...it was imported from Japan in 2016 so I thought I'd take some pics

Seat release lever with shopping bag hook and seat recline slot

20171102_195220.thumb.jpg.33448d8bd8587c000832a6c726f4e754.jpg

20171102_195232.jpg.87249df198a443a5ec4581f249ed0b8d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...