LegacyGT.com

2016 WRX "unveiled"

The_Todd

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went Spec.B to 15 WRX. No regrets. Love my WRX.

Oh hey, we traded trunks a few years back lol. I'm in the same boat... It's going to be tougher to move my Legacy though (rebuilt title). Is it about the same interior size wise as the Legacy?

I think I'm going to go DGM limited and probably try to see if I have any luck selling the legacy private sale here among other places.

• I Donated
There is actually significantly more space inside than in the 4th gen Legacy. It's the first car I've ever had that I can raise the driver's seat up, which means more leg room in the rear. My boss is 6'6" and 350 lbs and he looked like he was trying to cram into a Fisher Price car when he sat in the passenger seat of my Legacy. He actually looks semi comfortable in my WRX.

I don't love the new wheels but I think they still look a lot better than the black '15 wrx rims.

They do look better but for 18s I'd rather buy something I would love and use the 17" from MY15 as a dedicated snow setup. Now, that being said 17's are kinda small for the car as it should have come with 18's to begin with.

• 4 weeks later...
There is actually significantly more space inside than in the 4th gen Legacy. It's the first car I've ever had that I can raise the driver's seat up, which means more leg room in the rear. My boss is 6'6" and 350 lbs and he looked like he was trying to cram into a Fisher Price car when he sat in the passenger seat of my Legacy. He actually looks semi comfortable in my WRX.

One of the things that has really driven me crazy is that the passenger seat needs to be all the way up to fit my daughters car seat in the back. (rear facing). It won't be much of an issue when I can turn it around but my wife's knees are literally in the dash when we drive together.

• I Donated
One of the things that has really driven me crazy is that the passenger seat needs to be all the way up to fit my daughters car seat in the back. (rear facing). It won't be much of an issue when I can turn it around but my wife's knees are literally in the dash when we drive together.

Test it with the WRX on your test drive, but my guess is it will be much better in the WRX. You may even be able to put it behind you.

I'm 6'4" and my daughter's car seat is rear facing and fits perfectly in the middle with my seat all the way back. Definitely a lot more room in the rear seat in the 2015 WRX than the 2005-2009 Legacy.

Not sure if these numbers are 100% accurate but here's what I found when looking at the difference in size inside.

2005 legacy gt sedan interior dimensions:

Front Head Room: 39.5 in.

Front Hip Room: 51.0 in.

Front Leg Room: 44.1 in.

Front Shoulder Room: 54.4 in.

Rear Hip Room: 52.6 in.

Rear Head Room: 36.5 in.

Rear Leg Room: 33.9 in.

Rear Shoulder Room: 53.7 in.

2015 wrx interior dimesions:

Front Head Room: 39.8 in.

Front Hip Room: 52.1 in.

Front Leg Room: 43.3 in.

Front Shoulder Room: 55.6 in.

Rear Hip Room: 53.1 in.

Rear Head Room: 37.1 in.

Rear Leg Room: 35.4 in.

Rear Shoulder Room: 54.2 in.

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

alex@jdmprestigemotors.com

• I Donated
I don't think those numbers tell the whole story. There is no way there is only a 0.3" front headroom difference between my WRX and my LGTs. We're talking the difference between me having to tilt my seat back three clicks to wear a helmet, vs. just putting one on and getting in. Or the difference between having the height adjustment all the way down, vs. having it halfway or 2/3 of the way up.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm 6'4" and my daughter's car seat is rear facing and fits perfectly in the middle with my seat all the way back. Definitely a lot more room in the rear seat in the 2015 WRX than the 2005-2009 Legacy.

WRX is smaller in the back than my 2015 Legacy and even I

cannot do that. You must have a small car seat or something??

I cannot fit my kid in the carseat without putting passenger seat forward in my 2015 Legacy. Facing forward he has no room for his legs to hang. The seat is literally 3" from the seat. The middle is not an option because I am not driving crunched up.

Rear facing, the car seat touches the seat back and seat has to be moved forward some.

I'll admit, the car seat we have is big, but it's safe. The old one would fit fine but it was cheap and not as safe.

We have a Chico Nextfit.

Really.. at 6'4" 220 I was worried I wouldn't be able to fit my daughter's rear facing seat in the back. Right now we have a Peg Perego SIP 30/30 and already have her next seat - the Clek Foonf, which is a monster seat in itself.

Only thing stopping me from considering a trade is the lack of Levorg here in North America. Giving up the utility of a wagon is difficult.

Really.. at 6'4" 220 I was worried I wouldn't be able to fit my daughter's rear facing seat in the back. Right now we have a Peg Perego SIP 30/30 and already have her next seat - the Clek Foonf, which is a monster seat in itself.

Only thing stopping me from considering a trade is the lack of Levorg here in North America. Giving up the utility of a wagon is difficult.

I might have been able to look past some of the WRX's other shortcomings if there was a hatch, but alas...I still love my GTI :)

• 2 weeks later...
WRX is smaller in the back than my 2015 Legacy and even I

cannot do that. You must have a small car seat or something??

I cannot fit my kid in the carseat without putting passenger seat forward in my 2015 Legacy. Facing forward he has no room for his legs to hang. The seat is literally 3" from the seat. The middle is not an option because I am not driving crunched up.

Rear facing, the car seat touches the seat back and seat has to be moved forward some.

I'll admit, the car seat we have is big, but it's safe. The old one would fit fine but it was cheap and not as safe.

We have a Chico Nextfit.

It could be that we have a small car seat. I'll admit, my wife's Lancer fits us better as a family car than the WRX, but I love the power on my 45 min commute to work/daycare. If I moved my seat forward a click, I could probably fit a larger car seat in the middle, but it will most likely go behind the passenger seat instead when we get it.

Does the new WRX have LATCH clips in the center? The 5th gen Legacy has 2 separate sets of clips on the left and right sides of the seat. If you want to put a car seat in the center, you're supposed to use the seat belt only.

Archived