LegacyGT.com

1/4 mile Elec VS Carb

I personally go with less than an 1/8th of a tank of gas. Gas is 6 lbs a gallon, doesn't make sense to pull the spare or back seat if you have 50+ pounds of gas in there.

Noted, I guess I will go with an 8th or less. I had read some negative commentary about pushing your car hard with an 1/8th tank or less due to the fuel pump being at risk for sucking air while the car is jostling around. Of course there was no solid proof, it was just a theory. I changed my pump myself and the inlet is ALL the way to the very bottom of the basket in the very bottom of the tank, so I guess you would have to be nearly bone dry to worry. Any thoughts?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noted, I guess I will go with an 8th or less. I had read some negative commentary about pushing your car hard with an 1/8th tank or less due to the fuel pump being at risk for sucking air while the car is jostling around. Of course there was no solid proof, it was just a theory. I changed my pump myself and the inlet is ALL the way to the very bottom of the basket in the very bottom of the tank, so I guess you would have to be nearly bone dry to worry. Any thoughts?

when I was going to change my fuel pump, my low gas light was on, and even then, the cage the pump sits in was full of gas, so if you were to do just 1 race, i think you should be fine, just have some gas in an external can handy or have a gas station down the road

In the old DSM days where the pump just sat in the tank that was true. The Legacy pump sits in that bucket to remedy fuel starvation while turning corners on an almost empty tank.

Here is my Graph:

The solid lines represent the VF52 and the dotted lines represent the old VF40 setup which was pushing much less than I thought it was.

untitled.thumb.jpg.59f9757b265a6ab5ebd20009688d3dc2.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived