LegacyGT.com

All Things Navigation *Map Updates Included*

proflashrtist

I did as you explained. When I tried nav worked fine, but voice control keep saying checking disk. Went back and took files from old nav disk that were not on the new disk. Still did not work with voice control of radio. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Steve

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey all. I am hopefully close to selling my legacy. So I am never on here anymore. I believe the source for my NAV info is in the original post. Just email the guy who runs the page with your car info and you can snag the discs you need for around $35 USD or so.

• 1 month later...

Any chance version 11 will be available (for the 2005-2009 Outback/Legacy) through you? I'd be happy to make a donation for as much, but I'm still concerned that they may not have added Boston's "Big Dig" tunnels yet. 8, 9 and 10 didn't have it and it's made my life in Massachusetts a pain (forcing me to use Google Maps on my cell phone which can't be seen because the connection to the cigarette lighter charger cords are far too short to reach my windshield). New England in general is a pain in the butt with these since version 4. Every street in every town in every state supposedly doesn't exist when you enter them as the destination (even with correct area selected), but clearly show when you enter them by driving there (an enormous pain in the butt).

Feel free to reply or PM me a link to the discussion including such a link, because I haven't found as much anywhere.

Thanks,

David.

Edited by monkeyman_stones
typo correction

You absolutely were not kidding about ImgBurn. I burned to DVD DL+ with Win 7, PC-BSD 10.2, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu 18.04

(64 bit all) and none of them worked. Then I tried ImgBurn in Windows 7 and sure enough, it worked. Now I just have to figure out if the system will ever speed up or not. Thus far (only 2 uses of it) it has taken over 30 seconds to respond to screen presses (official Version 9 disk and original version 4 disks responded within 4 seconds) as though something was somehow confusing.

At the very least ImgBurn produced a fully functional disk (unlike Windows, Ubuntu and FreeBSD which gave me new coasters).

• 4 weeks later...

Any chance someone can burn a set for me and send to my house in MD? I’m currently deployed and the wifey loves driving the specB, I just want to get better maps for her in it. I’m happy to pay, his tell me how much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully this helps at least a few:

MY NAV WRITE UP

So after a lot of time and a fair amount of $ spent, this is my overview of what I have found looking for solutions to the crap nav that Subaru stuck us with. Some of us want the bells and whistles (myself included) that most base model cars are getting these days for creature comforts ie: Bluetooth for music and phones, DVD/CD inputs and such (or for some of you unlucky people just an AUX input). Here are all the solutions I have found:

REPLACEMENT/TABLET INSTALL:

My first choice was looking into the Tablet install. There’s all kinds of write ups on both LGT.com and other websites. Below are links to products to help with this process. The only thing that stopped me so far from completing this process is that my tablet is an android based (Galaxy Tab 3) and it will not turn on like the iPads when connected to power, so if it runs out completely of battery life it would be a pain to dig it out just to push the power button. There is talk of how to input code to make this happen, but that’s a bit above my head for the time being.

(LINKS)

AVO JDM DOUBLE DIN CONSOLE PANEL

AV PANEL SET (In Dash kit for stock radio replacement)

SVXDC's Wiring Harness and goodies

Program Android Tablet to AUTO ON when charging **Again this is useful to Android tablet installs because unlike iDevices, they do not automatically turn on when connected to power, so if the battery dies than it can be a pain without a previously planned way to access the power button which has also been done before on these forums.

If doing a dash nav/tablet replacement isn’t what you’re looking for there are plenty of options for mounts with both of the following companies:

ProClip USA

Ram Mount USA

I have had limited experience with both of these companies and their products, but all of it was great!

Now for the juice, if you are looking for the latest and greatest MAPS for your whipski then here is the direct download link to a google drive I made just for map updates. This is the latest Version 8 update compatible with the Kenwood system found which you can find out more about here: CLICK ME If you would like.

VERSION 8

VERSION 9

If you don't see east, wait an hour or so and try again. It's still uploading right now (12 APR 9:20 East Coast US time) and version 9 is coming your way in roughly a week.

If for some reason the links are broken OR your vehicle doesn’t have compatible maps and you would like to see if you can find the latest and greatest for your model than you can look HERE

I think that about sums it up. Please ask questions HERE if you have them and not via PM, this will prevent them from being asked over and over (or at least until the thread is too long for someone to want to read).

Enjoy. Hope it helps.

Lastly,

If you are an enthusiast like myself and wish to help others, please donate. It is not required, but it is appreciated to help with the time and costs associated with the nav updates. Enjoy :-) DONATIONS APPRECIATED

==========================BREAK=============================V10 INFORMATION IS BELOW=============

Well it is finally here. Version 10. Thanks to some help from AMM23. Remember to donate if you can.

V10 WEST

V10 EAST

GO FUND ME DONATIONS

Again thank you goes out to AMM23 and all the members who have supported the release of previous versions.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I thought I PM'd for a group buy but maybe I didn't. Is or did something happen that us slowpokes can't be a part of?

My question is if anyone would be willing to burn me a copy of v11 for 05-09 and ship it to me. I would pay for this.

Edited by joe r
Autocorrect owns me!

I still have V10 both East & West in ISO image

any DVD burner will do the magic however you will need DL DVD to get the job done ....

please email me: zahmed_1970@yahoo.ca ...

You can also pitch in @ https://www.gofundme.com/2f2qvg64 as the original poster

I am also interested in V11 .... if anyone out there willing to share with go fund me

Edited by zahmed70

• 3 weeks later...

Two things I'd like to mention:

1) The V.10 updates work absolutely fine in a 2007 OBW (H6, LLB). Wrote them straight to DVD using Windows 7's right-click-and-burn option, and both the East and West discs came out working just fine. Seeing the nav unit update itself instead of complain about being unable to read the disc was a major victory :D

2) Massive thanks to proflashrtist for making the images available. The DVDs (yep, checked both) in the OBW were toast after 11 years or so of living in the car, which happens to belong to my mother. We don't see her often as we live on the opposite side of the country, but this thread made it possible for her to have working sat-nav again after it had been non-functional for a couple of years. Thank you for making that happen; she does dog rescue transfers with this car, and using her phone for that was considerably less than ideal. This will make her life much easier.

Edited by harbl

• 2 weeks later...