LegacyGT.com

All Things Navigation *Map Updates Included*

proflashrtist

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these updates for the stock Subaru nav? My nav only has east coast. I can't select the west at all. I think I have zones 6-10. So when I try to type in an address, I can't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, this is for the stock Subaru nav. The East/West overlap slightly. I believe the East DVD goes from the Atlantic to Illinois while the West DVD goes from the Pacific out to about Ohio. I can take a picture of the map once I get a chance this weekend and upload it to show how each DVD covers the nation for everyone's reference.

• 1 month later...
These v9 maps are:

***JUST INTRODUCED MARCH 2015*** Tribeca- 2006-2014.................................... Legacy- 2006-2009.................................... Outback- 2006-2009...................................

The v7 that is out currently is the latest for:

Outback-2010-12.................................................. Legacy-2010-12................................................... Impreza/WRX/STI 2008-2011............................... Forester-2009-2011.............................................

I just downloaded V9, burned a DVD and loaded into my 2010 forester Nav unit. Correct ver number shows, maps show just fine...trying to pick Points of Interest and items of interest...they don't seem to be working...any ideas?

Will these disks work with the 2010 Forester Nav units?

[=proflashrtist;5113498]Hopefully this helps at least a few:

MY NAV WRITE UP

So after a lot of time and a fair amount of $ spent, this is my overview of what I have found looking for solutions to the crap nav that Subaru stuck us with. Some of us want the bells and whistles (myself included) that most base model cars are getting these days for creature comforts ie: Bluetooth for music and phones, DVD/CD inputs and such (or for some of you unlucky people just an AUX input). Here are all the solutions I have found:

REPLACEMENT/TABLET INSTALL:

My first choice was looking into the Tablet install. There’s all kinds of write ups on both LGT.com and other websites. Below are links to products to help with this process. The only thing that stopped me so far from completing this process is that my tablet is an android based (Galaxy Tab 3) and it will not turn on like the iPads when connected to power, so if it runs out completely of battery life it would be a pain to dig it out just to push the power button. There is talk of how to input code to make this happen, but that’s a bit above my head for the time being.

(LINKS)

AVO JDM DOUBLE DIN CONSOLE PANEL

AV PANEL SET (In Dash kit for stock radio replacement)

SVXDC's Wiring Harness and goodies

Program Android Tablet to AUTO ON when charging **Again this is useful to Android tablet installs because unlike iDevices, they do not automatically turn on when connected to power, so if the battery dies than it can be a pain without a previously planned way to access the power button which has also been done before on these forums.

If doing a dash nav/tablet replacement isn’t what you’re looking for there are plenty of options for mounts with both of the following companies:

ProClip USA

Ram Mount USA

I have had limited experience with both of these companies and their products, but all of it was great!

Now for the juice, if you are looking for the latest and greatest MAPS for your whipski then here is the direct download link to a google drive I made just for map updates. This is the latest Version 8 update compatible with the Kenwood system found which you can find out more about here: CLICK ME If you would like.

VERSION 8

VERSION 9

If you don't see east, wait an hour or so and try again. It's still uploading right now (12 APR 9:20 East Coast US time) and version 9 is coming your way in roughly a week.

If for some reason the links are broken OR your vehicle doesn’t have compatible maps and you would like to see if you can find the latest and greatest for your model than you can look HERE

I think that about sums it up. Please ask questions HERE if you have them and not via PM, this will prevent them from being asked over and over (or at least until the thread is too long for someone to want to read).

Enjoy. Hope it helps.

Lastly,

If you are an enthusiast like myself and wish to help others, please donate. It is not required, but it is appreciated to help with the time and costs associated with the nav updates. Enjoy :-) DONATIONS APPRECIATED

==========================BREAK=============================V10 INFORMATION IS BELOW=============

Well it is finally here. Version 10. Thanks to some help from AMM23. Remember to donate if you can.

V10 WEST

V10 EAST

GO FUND ME DONATIONS

Again thank you goes out to AMM23 and all the members who have supported the release of previous versions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have a 2007 Outback Wagon, 2.5L L.L. Bean Edition. We've been fighting with the old navigation maps since we got it. Earlier in the week I downloaded V. 10 from this thread and downloaded the recommended burning software. Today after changing out both O2 sensors I burned the file to disc and uploaded it in the car. Wow! What a difference, very impressed. Thank you proflashrtist for making this so easy. I left a nice little reward for you on your GoFundMe page. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Glad to see this thread is still helping people. I haven't been on in a while because I am selling my LGT. The downloads should still be active (I am testing them right now) and the OP for the source data as far as I know is still working if anyone wants to get more updates. Enjoy!!

• 1 month later...

I stumbled across this thread last night as I was searching for an update to the 4.0 navigation DVD's that came with the 2011 Legacy GT I bought over the weekend. I saw that another 5th gen owner tried version 8 and and it worked for them so that is where I started. Version 8 works like a charm and I had turn by turn navigation all the way to work this morning. Many kudos to proflashrtist for your work!

I am curious if anyone with a 5th gen has had any success with version 9 or version 10?

I stumbled across this thread last night as I was searching for an update to the 4.0 navigation DVD's that came with the 2011 Legacy GT I bought over the weekend. I saw that another 5th gen owner tried version 8 and and it worked for them so that is where I started. Version 8 works like a charm and I had turn by turn navigation all the way to work this morning. Many kudos to proflashrtist for your work!

I am curious if anyone with a 5th gen has had any success with version 9 or version 10?

Way back in the OP should be the link where I got the OEM discs. They are at a VERY discounted rate from that source. I don't have any idea if it is still a valid source or not though lol. If the website is up, he's still making discs. Shoot him a msg and snag a copy.

Way back in the OP should be the link where I got the OEM discs. They are at a VERY discounted rate from that source. I don't have any idea if it is still a valid source or not though lol. If the website is up, he's still making discs. Shoot him a msg and snag a copy.

I have the .iso files for version 9 and version 10, I just wanted to ask if anyone else with a 5th gen has had any luck before I sacrifice another disk.

Okay, so I burned version 10 and installed it on my 5th gen Legacy over the weekend. It works just fine and still gives turn by turn navigation. The interface doesn't look any different than version 8 though...

Okay, so I burned version 10 and installed it on my 5th gen Legacy over the weekend. It works just fine and still gives turn by turn navigation. The interface doesn't look any different than version 8 though...

Given that the V10 was released 2015AUG (with 2014 data files) for the 4th Gen Legacy and there is no indication of future updates, I wonder if the reverse will work. Does V9 version (86283FG270) which was released 2016JUL for the 5th Gen Legacy work in the 4th gen Legacy?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
If it is allowed I'd gladly go over there and post that we're doing the same thing. I bet we'd get more than enough people that way. However, I am unable to register to any of their sites. Something appears to be broken with their "Registration" link.

Hopefully you can log in / register over there now. Not sure if the site was having maint issues...? Either way I've been PMing someone from the SB9T forums who has arranged 4 people thus far for a group buy there.

I'm hoping everyone from LegacyGT and SB9T can somehow get together on who will commit to a group buy and come together and get version 11.

I will happily forward over the amount of folks on here who are willing to do a group buy to the individual on SB9T... or likewise will see about those folks coming over here for a group buy. Which ever works!