LegacyGT.com

All Things Navigation *Map Updates Included*

proflashrtist

All PM's replied to. Hope everyone is able to enjoy. I am getting my legacy back this week.. it's been gone for almost SIX MONTHS!! in the shop.. crazy.. sti swap and bunch of other goodies in now though. Time for a no boosting break in.. yay

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the V.9 disc works in my 08 Spec.B, but route calculation takes forever. It never "finishes" the calculation providing 3 routes an ETA's. It kind of hangs there. When I press the give Maps key, it finishes and defaults to quickest route.

Anyone else experience this?

• 4 weeks later...
So the V.9 disc works in my 08 Spec.B, but route calculation takes forever. It never "finishes" the calculation providing 3 routes an ETA's. It kind of hangs there. When I press the give Maps key, it finishes and defaults to quickest route.

Anyone else experience this?

Haven't had this issue at all. Sounds more like the unit itself not the DVD. Have you tried going back to your last version and checking to make sure?

Haven't had this issue at all. Sounds more like the unit itself not the DVD. Have you tried going back to your last version and checking to make sure?

I resolved by burning the DVD with a different program. Thanks for the response - appreciated!

PM'd

What program did you use?

I have this issue with a previous copy I burnt.

If you guys are still having issues let me know. I will package IMGBURN (Free - clean software pkg) with instructions into google drive as well.

• 4 weeks later...
I've tried both ver.9 east and west downloads and both just show up with no map as a broken pixel pool. But all my menus are there. However it won't even allow me to enter an address did I do something wrong?

My first guess would be to make sure you're burning at the slowest possible speed and that you're using the Verbatim discs (Verbatim DVD+R DL AZO 8.5 GB 8x-10x Branded Double Layer Recordable Disc, 20-Disc Spindle 95310).

Also, from the DVD Nav manual it states to press the gray reset button before putting in a new version disc. If you didn't do that eject the disc, press the gray button for at least a second, then insert the disc.

A friend just purchased version 9.0, which was released April 2015. While the version file indicates 9.0, the file timestamps are all July 2013! This seems very wrong.

I wouldn't doubt it - there are roads near me that were built in 2014 that did not make it onto the map. Anything's better than the 2008 version though!

I wouldn't doubt it - there are roads near me that were built in 2014 that did not make it onto the map.

It is questionable (legal?) that Kenwood markets the update as a April 2015 release, yet the data files are from July 2013. And they are selling this update for $238 plus shipping!

It is questionable (legal?) that Kenwood markets the update as a April 2015 release, yet the data files are from July 2013. And they are selling this update for $238 plus shipping!

I'm just guessing all of that - not sure of the legality. But I doubt they burned the discs and packaged them all in March 2015. 2013 does seem like a stretch but these aren't digital updates, unfortunately. They take time to burn/package/get ready to ship out. The price-tag is just a slap in the face. I'll never buy anything from Kenwood as a simple result of their greediness on this matter.