LegacyGT.com

All Things Navigation *Map Updates Included*

proflashrtist

Hope it works for everyone. MSG here if anything isn't looking right so everyone can see problems and fixes. Click HERE if you feel like donating any for the efforts. It isn't required by any means. I am charging for anyone not a member of the forums.

Drive on :lol:

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A popular historical recommendation for DL media has been Verbatim DVD+R DL, and I've had good luck with it in my 2008 Legacy. I usually try to burn at a nice slow speed, too - 2.4x or 4x.

There are plenty of other good choices, but the Verbatim DVD+R DL seems to be some of the best that's widely available.

I remember getting very frustrated with a spindle of Memorex DL media, and vowed "never again".

DVD-R might work in this application, but I've never tried. I don't think it's quite as well supported by random DVD readers.

Thanks!

just got v.9 east, and it WORKS PERFECTLY! thank you so very much!

no more getting lost when leading cruises to events because the places dont exsist on the old maps

+1

But my neighborhood is still not on there lol

Donation Sent :)

Edited by theflystyle

Hope it works for everyone. MSG here if anything isn't looking right so everyone can see problems and fixes. Click HERE if you feel like donating any for the efforts. It isn't required by any means. I am charging for anyone not a member of the forums.

As soon as I get paid on the first of the month, I'll be sending a donation your way. Thanks for all your hard work!

no more getting lost when leading cruises to events because the places dont exsist on the old maps

+1

But my neighborhood is still not on there lol

Donation Sent :)

I thought his links were for version 8. I know he's working on getting version 9 uploaded or did I miss something?

I have been debating getting a nav unit with mirrorlink or just a dvd unit with mirrorlink because I do have the OEM nav. This is awesome. Let's keep this going for the future releases!!!! Donated!!! Just think. I'm pretty sure there is at least 16 of us that use these maps, If we all did $15 the maps would be paid for, and anything else is for your awesome service to the community Edited by KoolAidMan26
Had to donate

Thanks for all your effort on this. I know you've put a lot of time into this. It is much appreciated!!! I donated as well. :cool:

What type of burner did you use mine keeps crashing midway into the burning (resolved)

Edited by JXONE

Do the version 9 maps work on 5th gen Legacy?

Scribbled on LG G3.

These v9 maps are:

***JUST INTRODUCED MARCH 2015*** Tribeca- 2006-2014.................................... Legacy- 2006-2009.................................... Outback- 2006-2009...................................

The v7 that is out currently is the latest for:

Outback-2010-12.................................................. Legacy-2010-12................................................... Impreza/WRX/STI 2008-2011............................... Forester-2009-2011.............................................

These v9 maps are:

***JUST INTRODUCED MARCH 2015*** Tribeca- 2006-2014.................................... Legacy- 2006-2009.................................... Outback- 2006-2009...................................

The v7 that is out currently is the latest for:

Outback-2010-12.................................................. Legacy-2010-12................................................... Impreza/WRX/STI 2008-2011............................... Forester-2009-2011.............................................

Thanx for the info.

Now, who has version 7 to share?

Scribbled on Note 3.

Thanx for the info.

Now, who has version 7 to share?

Scribbled on Note 3.

I think I just answered your question in the other forum lol but in case i missed you, version 7 for your car is in the OP. You can buy it for about $30 a disc (if there's 2) or you can buy only one disc. If you do purchase it and would like to share, just send me the .iso and I will host it for others to DL. Thanks and Enjoy!

Awesome, this worked first try. Unlike the ver8, which i always had problems with the maps not loading. We didn't even need to do a group buy, awesome!. Keep up the good work OP, donation on its way.

I burn the DVD, but when I put it the unit , it said that is not a map dvd.

The file structure is the same a V8 . I don't know what I doing wrong.

What DVD did you use and what program are you using to burn the image?

I can tell you I used ImgBurn which can be found here. Then I used A Verbatim DVD+R DL RW disc. (These have been recommended here and worked perfectly) They can be found [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-Branded-Recordable-20-Disc-95310/dp/B000GHWRIK/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1430483009&sr=1-2&keywords=verbatim+dvd+dl]here[/ame].

Here's a screenshot. You want to be choosing "Write image file to disc"

http://www.imgburn.com/images/screenshot_ezmodepicker.png

Also, I read this in the Navigation Manual: you should press the little gray reset button (with the tip of a pen) on the front of the drive under the driver's seat before inserting the new navigation disc.