LegacyGT.com

2016.5 Legacy DIT reveal at NYIAS '15

Not to mention the poor crash test ratings of the Fusion. I have a 3yr old so this plays a factor in purchases.

Fusion

Legacy

Legacy is superior.

I wouldn't call the Fusion performance poor but that's interesting. The NHTSA does more tests now than I realized and that does show more differentiation actually than the IIHS tests.

Thought they looked nice and considered one for the wife until I got one as a rental- no thanks

I'm seeing a ton of them out on the roads now. I'd like to rent one and check it out. I don't trust Chrysler or Fiat for quality, but I do like the look of the new products.

Take a look at a Fusion Titanium or the new Chrysler 200 and it's clear that Subaru is being outclassed in the segment. If Subaru wants the Legacy to appeal to anyone other than old ladies, it needs to do something to get back into the game.

6MT, LGT trim for sure the creature comforts are as nice as Fords or Hyundai they simply have alienated the former enthusiasts crowd which isnt a crowd that sells cars.

I compared the Fusion to Legacy. I chose the Legacy because it was $3k cheaper, better gas mileage, full time AWD, and a much nicer radio for comparative model.;)

Fusion is sharp, but it's a FWD 90% of the time, comparable model at $3k was so-so good looking as compared to the Legacy. You have to step up to Limited Fusion to get similarly equipd radio and the financing was better with Subaru. That $3k and better financing turned out to be $75 cheaper per month which is $4500 in the end. Not accounting for gas mileage.

That boring Legacy CVT has paddle shift.

Not to mention the poor crash test ratings of the Fusion. I have a 3yr old so this plays a factor in purchases.

Fusion

Legacy

Legacy is superior.

Chrysler 200. I'm going to refrain from commenting because I know I'll piss someone off who owns one.:p

There is a youtube comparison of 2015 3.6R and Fusion 200 with a 6 cylinder.

Fusion makes more HP and TQ, but I don't know if I would take it over the Legacy as the comparo suggested.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

There is a youtube comparison of 2015 3.6R and Fusion 200 with a 6 cylinder.

Fusion makes more HP and TQ, but I don't know if I would take it over the Legacy as the comparo suggested.

I assume you mean Chrysler 200. This I think is likely the video you're referring to. I think the 200 is a sharp looking car! Subarus have a tendency to look very blocky and angular. I wonder if that has something to do with the thin, annoyingly easy to dent sheetmetal that Subaru uses.

^^^ that is the video to which I was referring.

I dont like the trunk hinge one bit on the 200. My moms volvo was the same way and once it causght on something it was no longer true.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

• 4 weeks later...
I picked up a 2.0 DIT 4th gen Legacy with a 6mt called a 2015 WRX...problem solved.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived