LegacyGT.com

2015 Mendocino Rally (July 17-19) Ukiah, CA

eastbaysubaru

I am so doing this, both days. Not going to drive all that way without making a full weekend out of it.

I realized I didn't exactly know where Mendocino is. Just mapped it. Right on the coast along the one. I just got a lot more interested in attending / helping out. I was picturing it near Thunderhill.

Did you sign up already? I have never volunteered and I am unsure all the different options are / what would be fun for two days.

I realized I didn't exactly know where Mendocino is. Just mapped it. Right on the coast along the one. I just got a lot more interested in attending / helping out. I was picturing it near Thunderhill.

Did you sign up already? I have never volunteered and I am unsure all the different options are / what would be fun for two days.

No, haven't signed up yet, I was hoping that someone would be interested in going with me. The wife isn't interested despite the fact that we go up there often for our anniversary. I guess motorsports events don't have any appeal to her. LOL!

Read the first couple posts, there's a pretty good explanation of the volunteer duties. We could probably camp to keep the cost down or if we wanted to get a hotel, we'd need to book it pretty quickly. I'd be willing to drive the FXT up there if you want to ride together. It should be able to handle the dirt roads to get to the timing stations without issue.

Come to think of it, a hotel would likely be the best option.

She's going to be about 6mos pregnant, right? It's going to be very hot up there.

yeah....her wanting to come might change as she starts getting visibly pregnant.

Although, I checked the weather mid to high 60s. Anything up to low 90s should be alright.

We will probably bring our two dogs, so will probably be driving up on are own.

If you know me, you know that I always have my dog with me. Going up the coast with my dog, visiting friends in Crescent City and watching rally sounded fun until I saw this last night:

DO leave your pets at home

From here: http://www.rally-america.com/safety

yeah....her wanting to come might change as she starts getting visibly pregnant.

Although, I checked the weather mid to high 60s. Anything up to low 90s should be alright.

The rally in not in Mendocino proper, it is in Mendocino County so more inland near and around Ukiah. It can get very hot there in July, not like along the coast which can be cold.

Archived