LegacyGT.com

Where to begin with modifications to your Legacy GT

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know what ~hp/tq i would get with Cobb UP/DP, AEM Cold air, and AP with TDC Tuning stage 1 Tune..thanks

With UP, DP, and CAI you'll want a stage 2 tune. Search and you can find the power stage 2 produces.

You can use a stage 1 tune with no mods at all if you wish.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering, I installed an SPT intake/heat shield on my 05 leggy and it is a little too noisy for my tastes. I am going to reinstall the factory air box and am deciding between the Blitz LM and AVO drop in filters. Does anybody have any recommendations between the two? I know performance will most likely be identical between the two (and the stock setup, for that matter), but I am looking for something with a bit more engine sound than stock but not as much as a cold air intake. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

you're just getting rid of the SPT intake? yeah i think i'm going to buy one.. i don't know what type. but just how "noisy" was it?

you're just getting rid of the SPT intake? yeah i think i'm going to buy one.. i don't know what type. but just how "noisy" was it?

It has been gone for awhile...I reinstalled the stock box and put in an AVO drop in. The intake whoosh is still audible with the AVO, but much more subtle and tasteful. With the SPT intake, the whoosh was more like a loud sucking/wheezing noise. At lower engine speeds, the SPT intake noise would stutter a little bit and it kind of sounded like an old vacuum. At mid and higher engine speeds, the whoosh was louder but much more consistant and enjoyable. Overall, the sound was intrusive and not even that pleasant. The only thing I liked was the extra growl at full throttle.

It has been gone for awhile...I reinstalled the stock box and put in an AVO drop in. The intake whoosh is still audible with the AVO, but much more subtle and tasteful. With the SPT intake, the whoosh was more like a loud sucking/wheezing noise. At lower engine speeds, the SPT intake noise would stutter a little bit and it kind of sounded like an old vacuum. At mid and higher engine speeds, the whoosh was louder but much more consistant and enjoyable. Overall, the sound was intrusive and not even that pleasant. The only thing I liked was the extra growl at full throttle.

what did you do with the SPT intake that you took off?

• 5 months later...

Where to begin with modifications to your Legacy GT

In response to this question; I would have to say that you need to modify your cashflow way before you start to modify your LGT. This is one expensive car to mod and it just gets worse the farther you go.

Let's kick this pig!

I was thinking about dropping in a K & N then upgrading the exhaust to either a Greddy EVO 2 or an SP2. What is the difference and what is the best bang for the buck? Also I heard one needs to update the intake once the exhaust is replaced. Lastly will Subaru re-map the ECU once upgrades are made? Or am I SOL and have to buy a computer? Basically I want to mod my LGT slightly not race it... Sorry for the n00b questions...:redface:

I had a K&N filter when I first got my LGT back in 05. I think I used it for about two months before getting an AEM CAI. I made a little difference, but not much. It just let the car breath easier. For $39 I guess it a good place to start if your just testing the mod waters.
Let's kick this pig!

I got mine from the dealer back in May and it was $1053 including taxes/shipping at the time. I did the install myself. They may be giving some discount nowadays though. If you can get it with the dealer install for $700 that would be a steal.:eek:
Let's kick this pig!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Never knew about the 20x seatbelt mod. Sweet. I can't stand that annoying sound! Thanks.

IMHO.... Everyone should get the XTEC HID's. They are so sweet.

Borla makes awesome exhause with an unbeatable warranty (1,000,000 miles)!

Subaru warranty just expired last week (like I could see them servicing it, and not realizing I added 80 Lbs of Torque! Why buy an STI with 300... when my L GT has 330!

the first mod any member should do is to themselves.

Study up on the car, learn how turbos work, search, then mod.

The next mod should be to get a better paying job or a rich spouse that can afford to dump thousands and thousands of dollars into your car.:lol:

Let's kick this pig!

The next mod should be to get a better paying job or a rich spouse that can afford to dump thousands and thousands of dollars into your car.:lol:

Thats what i need. Any one know where I can find one of those? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

How about a "Get the most out of your LGT with these SAFE mods for your Daily Driver......"

I've searched, and haven't really found a definitive answer on what mods will increase performance while maintaining longterm life of the car.

If this is a dumb question, just tell me to bugger off...but seems like a good question for those who don't want a 'hobby/project car' but want the most out of their ride.