LegacyGT.com

Mann Engineering

beatBOXed

Mann engineering in Santa Clara hooked my wife's 2014 outback up with some lowering springs they developed on her car. Their shop is awesome and the car handles way better than expected. I definitely recommend them for any Subaru aftermarket needs. Michelle also said they do AWD dyno runs every quarter.

So, how did you like dealing with the owner?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

^Taken my specB there numerous times and dealt with several people there, but never really knew who was the owner...

I must say they did increase their prices after moving to the new place...I was quoted about $1200 for a major service w/ timing belt prior to their move...afterward, just shy of $2500...

All told though, they are amazeballs with service. They actually give a shit about your car each time it's in there...

Coilover and lca install was quoted $1300. I had it done at a race shop, called Dietschwerks, with corner balancing for under $1000.

My issue isnt price so much as the unwilingness to do something.

I could not be in the dyno room while my car was being dynoed and after the trans light came on they shit their pants.

That light came on because they didnt have proper access to my ecu and were connected to it.

After that incident, he was unwilling to ever have my car on the dyno no matter how I pleaded or what I was willing to sign.

I dynoed my car at Dietschwerks at least a dozen times after that, had 5 track days, and have yet to see squat.

I asked them about a transmission cooler and he had to look into it and wasnt sure and whatever.

Dietschwerks installed a transmission cooler in half a day at a lower price again.

The shop I was using for a year has moved to Vallejo without the awd dyno. They need knly a 2wd dyno for 99% of their customers, and I am still hesitant to beg the use of Mann's dyno again.

It is either his dyno or I have to go to GST in Hayward.

I am glad you guys had an easier time, but I sure didn't.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Speaking of tuning, Bill Knose (Delicious Tuning) will make 2 tuning appearances in April .

$200.00 non- refundable registration. Just a rundown...

I signed up for that once.

Would have been great if things had fallen into place.

Wish you the best.

Mann Engineering.Com

Thanks. I think you want mann-engineering.com.

Forgot that Delicious does Ecutek tuning, so they want $750 + tune, etc.. Their flex-fuel kit would be nice, but isn't applicable for LGT, IIRC. Also not worth the headache (for me) wondering if it will pass SMOG. I know my OS tune passes SMOG.

Thanks. I think you want mann-engineering.com.

Forgot that Delicious does Ecutek tuning, so they want $750 + tune, etc.. Their flex-fuel kit would be nice, but isn't applicable for LGT, IIRC. Also not worth the headache (for me) wondering if it will pass SMOG. I know my OS tune passes SMOG.

Delicious tuning uses Cobb or EcuTek.

The flexfuel kit will work with our cars (LGT / OBXT engine) but for it I need:

Intercooler

injectors

EcuTek license

Delicious Flexfuel kit

Delicious flexfuel tune.

It adds up to a lot, but I imagine it's awesome.

EcuTek decided that OS stole their definitions when OS first came out. I don't know enough about it to say one way or the other (of course OS says no we didn't and EcuTek says yes you did). When someone becomes an Ecutek tuner they have to agree to not do OS tuning.

Deitschwerks moved to Vallejo? Closer to me now. :)

Yeah...but no awd anymore. However, Rob is great to work with.

Deitschwerks moved to Vallejo? Closer to me now. :)

My AWD dyno and protuner is up in Rocklin (FW Motorsports and Snail Performance), but it's nice to know that Rob and the guys are close now.

Yeah...but no awd anymore. However, Rob is great to work with.

There's someone specific to Subaru's in Vallejo?!?!? This is news to me. Might have to talk with them on a weekend as I have nothing else to do. Also GTeaser where are you that you are close to Vallejo? I thought you were South Bay Area.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

No...the people is valejo were specific to lotus, but were great and helpful with my car.

They did all the suspension work, alignment, corner balancing, and even installed a trans cooler.

Oh yeah, they installed my rear diffuser and all 3 pieces of my skid plates, but their #1 went to start a shop on his own in Fremont.

There's someone specific to Subaru's in Vallejo?!?!? This is news to me. Might have to talk with them on a weekend as I have nothing else to do. Also GTeaser where are you that you are close to Vallejo? I thought you were South Bay Area.

I live in Brentwood and work in Walnut Creek.

Archived