LegacyGT.com

LegacyGT Kart Day - meetup

Rhitter

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supertrack opens at 5pm and goes to 9pm. So that should work.

Sundays 5pm-9pm & Mondays 12pm-10pm the Yokohama and Monza Tracks are combined to create our SuperTrack. This course has over 20 left and right turns, 2 chicanes, and an elevation change. The length is over 3/8 of a mile with average lap times of over 1 minute. This is the longest indoor track in the United States!

https://www.gokartracer.com/super_track.html

I won't be there at those hours on a Sunday... Since it's a 2+ hour drive for me.

That's too bad. All the more reason to have a track day in June....

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I've never been on the go kart track...ready for a spanking!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

It's a completely different experience that a road car on a road course. Hella Fun!!! I usually find myself not breathing for the first few laps and then I have to consciously remind myself to breathe for the remainder of the karting session.

lol yes, I remember the first time i went i was so pumped afterwards.

Fred your driving is great, i'm sure you'll do well. Tho the style may be a lil different from AWD track days where you can late brake and power through turns. Karting is all momentum, you only have to brake 2-3 times per lap.

This month is awesome. - only 2 more weeks of work for me, then 2 weeks of vacay in Asia, then a LGT meet + kart day!

Fred your driving is great, i'm sure you'll do well. Tho the style may be a lil different from AWD track days where you can late brake and power through turns. Karting is all momentum, you only have to brake 2-3 times per lap.

It is so easy to kill that momentum too. I remember wishing for more power so I could just power slide through the turns. Unfortunately that isn't a real option.

Really looking forward to it.

I also get my car back next Friday so pumped for that too.

One more reason to shed a few pounds!

That would be so funny to see a 10yo driving circles around us old guys. He would have a weight advantage however, so it is possible. :cool:

Senna-karting.jpg.22c0f8b1f2eac2ec3b31d00fe4090917.jpg

Quick stabs at the brakes just before slow corner entry, while staying on the gas, is the way to go.

Depending on the turn, sometimes you don't even need braking. Simply breath the throttle to induce front weight transfer to gain front grip, turn-in, and IMMEDIATELY back on throttle. The biggest mistake a lot of beginner karters make is to not be on the throttle during the turn. That's what lifts in the inside rear wheel off the ground and turns the kart. If both rear wheels are in full contact with the ground and the frame and axle aren't flexing, you'll get heaps of understeer.

When are you guys taking up a collection for my travel expenses so I can come out and kick some butts? ;)

That would be so funny to see a 10yo driving circles around us old guys. He would have a weight advantage however, so it is possible. :cool:

We had a kid show up at the local kart track for the shifter class. He had an 80cc shifter and was a tiny kid racing against the 125cc shifters. He would always qualify on pole but start every racing from the back of the usual 10 kart pack. By the end of lap 2, he was in front and usually lapped the field. He had a nice weight advantage but much less hp. The tight nature of the track also helped since the 125s couldn't stretch their hp legs, but it was still damn impressive.

And the first few times he showed up (he was from Chicago and our local track is 2 hrs away in South Bend) it was great theater watching the big kids and men take off their helmets at the end of a race totally demoralized.

So if we want to sign-up for a party. Which means we all need to be there by a certain time - it looks like it's ($59 - $75) a person. Payment is due when we reserve / book the party. They close the track for our group and it's only us out there.

Or if we just show up on Sunday, we can do one off's / sign-up as we get there

The super track options are below - still waiting to hear back on pricing. I am thinking the Super Grand Prix is probably what we want to do. I'll update as soon as I hear more (if they don't get back to me today - I will call them tomorrow)

Else they need at least 48 hours notice. So we have a little bit to get it all straightened out.

Super Hot Laps: $35. Each additional Super Hot Laps $30.

A Super Hot Laps is a 15 minute session. You are racing for your single fastest lap time against other people on the track.

Super Race: $50. Each additional Super Race $45.

A Super Race begins with a 5 minute Qualifying session, that is scored by fastest lap time. As the qualifying session ends, the racers are lined up on the starting grid, based on your qualifying time, for a 15 minute race to cross the finish line first.

Super Grand Prix: $75 (Great for Groups)

Drivers go out for 15 minutes of practice (Super Hot Laps), take a 10 minute break and look at their race results (brag a little), then go back for 5 minutes of qualifying, line up on the starting grid and race for 15 minutes to cross the finish line first.

I vote we do the super grand prix and we paypal whoever does the reservation.

I am open to the other options as well, but if we are making an afternoon of it....

Archived