LegacyGT.com

Trusted service/repair shops SAC and north

JJr

Time for my TB to be done. I was recommended FW Motorsports (Rocklin) and M45 Automotive ( Auburn) has anyone used these guys in the past 6 months feedback would be great.

I'm in Reno.

Thx

Honestly it really isn't a hard job to do. I don't know what access to tools you have but I was able to do mine in about 4 hours. Jacked up the whole car, drained and removed the radiator, pulled the crank pulley, pulled the timing covers, pulled the old belt off, removed all idlers and tensioner, replaced with new idlers and tensioner, replaced belt, replaced timing covers and crank pulley, put radiator back in, filled radiator and burped cooling system.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Time for my TB to be done. I was recommended FW Motorsports (Rocklin) and M45 Automotive ( Auburn) has anyone used these guys in the past 6 months feedback would be great.

I'm in Reno.

Thx

I don't know the name of the shop, but a user here Hobo has a mechanic in Truckee that he highly recommends. He is building a pretty mean LGT wagon.

Here is his build thread. maybe try PMing him and asking about his shop (it might be in the thread)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/swp-cosworth-wagon-203889.html

I took it to M45 Automotive in Auburn. Tony the owner/mechanic is a very knowledgeable Subaru Turbo mechanic with 17 years experience, nice clean well kept shop. Half dozen WRX/STI's a Forester and my LGT.

Tony built and drag races a Volks beetle, that ran a 10.62!!

I took it to M45 Automotive in Auburn. Tony the owner/mechanic is a very knowledgeable Subaru Turbo mechanic with 17 years experience, nice clean well kept shop. Half dozen WRX/STI's a Forester and my LGT.

Tony built and drag races a Volks beetle, that ran a 10.62!!

Would you mind sharing how much he charged for what services? Paul gets so busy sometimes, it would be nice to have an alternative.

I don't know the name of the shop, but a user here Hobo has a mechanic in Truckee that he highly recommends. He is building a pretty mean LGT wagon.

Here is his build thread. maybe try PMing him and asking about his shop (it might be in the thread)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/swp-cosworth-wagon-203889.html

Ya we can pretty much do anything ur heart desires and very fair labor rates and fast turn around def m for any questions

Archived