LegacyGT.com

Invidia uppipe cracked?? Whyyyy

subielova88

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Happens to all of them. Invidia began as a knock off company. Somewhere along the line they became legit. Well, you still get what you pay for.

Any and all up pipes will eventually crack. Nature of the design and heat cycling.

Happens to all of them. Invidia began as a knock off company. Somewhere along the line they became legit. Well, you still get what you pay for.

Any and all up pipes will eventually crack. Nature of the design and heat cycling.

Ditto.

There are some up pipes with a flex piece in them...I'm not a big of them either, just two more weld joints that may crack.

May be try a OEM catless up pipe.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

FWIW, the shield by the front O2 sensor on my wagon is lock wired around the manifold. I have .041" lockwire, that I just wrapped around it. I even had to bend the back end of the shield so I can get the nut back on the bolt for the up pipe. The wire held against the force it took to bend the shield.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived