LegacyGT.com

What the ____ is this?

I've had a search through the owners manual and can't find anything relevant. This lever/button thingy is in the boot (trunk) of my 2006 wagon.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/22/bed3bcadb266089acc7468c1e4566639.jpg

I know the little pop-out on the left is a shopping bag holder, but what does the lever on the right do? Pulling it doesn't do anything that I can figure out.

Google translate says the text says

"After confirming your seat, please operate."

Which doesn't help at all either.

Apologies of this crops up often, I tried a search and found nothing.

Thanks in advance

Yea it's on both sides. I've tried every combination of pulling this and pushing the seats bust nothing happens. That seems logical as that's what I thought it looked like to but I just can't figure out the trick to make it work.

It shall flip the seat backrest forward when pulled, but maybe you have some upholstery or it's not correctly connected on your car, which may be the case if someone have removed the backseat earlier for some reason.

Look for a cable connected to the lock for tilting the backrest. It's a quite convenient feature - I have it on the Outback I have (5th gen based).

453747.png

Gave it another go and nope. The lever only moves a few millimetres outwards, which doesn't feel like enough leverage to release the seats. I don't understand why it is there anyway because you can reach the normal seat back release buttons on the top edge of the seats. This is strange.

Archived