LegacyGT.com

Not hitting peak boost

I3eXa

Ok so the other day I put in a catless uppipe and Invidia Downpipe. Used the AP and did a stage 2 tune. I looked at the notes for the tune on Cobbs site and it shows peak boost should hit 16.5psi.

Upon the few pulls I did up to around 60mph (hope that was enough) best I got was 14.5psi? What gives?

You are going to need to pull some logs- someone (maybe serx7) will chime in and give you the parameters needed for your log pull- and typically a 3rd gear to redline with wide open throttle (WOT) will be needed on the log. Remember that the ECU controls the target boost based on a lot of different parameters- load, gear, speed, rpm range (I don't know all the details), so if you aren't in, say 3rd with a full WOT, you won't hit max target boost.

Good luck!

Hello there,

Keep in mind that peak boost on the stock turbo will come early and taper hard so If you were running it through the gears most likely you will not see peak boost since you are already tapering boost after the shift at say 4200rpms on.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Hello there,

Keep in mind that peak boost on the stock turbo will come early and taper hard so If you were running it through the gears most likely you will not see peak boost since you are already tapering boost after the shift at say 4200rpms on.

Dave

True but the AP would still show the min and max boost hit.

Dave - I also think I want some more info on getting an e-tune for you. Just don't know a whole lot and any of the pros n cons.

What I meant is you may need to floor it at say 2800rpms rather than 3500rpms if you are not doing one single gear pull since the turbo's efficiency rapidly falls off after about 4k and you will not see peak boost in those ranges on the ots maps sometimes.

its hard to explain but its most noticeable if drag racing etc since after the shift you are already at the end of the turbo's efficiency.

Go ahead and shoot me an email at cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com or a pm here and I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks and looking forward to working with you.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Archived