LegacyGT.com

Anybody else ever have random idling issues?

Injectors or OCVs tend to solve this issue. New OCVs are always a good idea, especially if they're the original ones and you're over 75k.

New injector cost a pretty penny -- bit over $100 for new oem. But deutsch works or Witch hunter can clean them for about $20 apiece.

Front O2 sensor. Bad front O2 doesn't necessarily set a CEL either. When they go bad, it causes STFT to go all over the place and can make it surge up and down or drop like you described. Find a good one to borrow and try the car again and I would bet that it fixes the issues.

Could be a vac leak? I've had vac leaks that cause crappy idle and stalling issues.

If it only does it when it's cold, it could be your intake manifold gaskets. There's honestly a lot of things that it could be, any guess could be it.

MrTris, what are some of the symptoms of an OCV valve needing replacement, besides the obvious codes? (Not to hijack a thread of anything.)

Thanks for the advice yall! I'm thinking its either the OCV or the front o2 sensor. I think my injectors should be decent cause I sent them off to witch hunter last year and had them cleaned. As for the manifold gaskets during winter, I think I'm alright cause its been colder than it has been this past week, so far this year, and it did just fine before that. Again, much thanks for the knowledge yall.

Archived