LegacyGT.com

Halo wiring question

08Legacy-GT

Hey guys,

I've got a set of halo's coming in. I know some people wire them to the parking lights, which is nice but I want mine "always on" when the car is on. Where can I tap in for this? My DRL is also disabled.

2017 Subaru STI

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i limited

IIRC I remember just wiring it onto a fuse and plugging it in. This was on my Mazda 3 though it was real rigga-jigged, the halos stayed on as soon the key turned. Also the lights went off after about 30 seconds when the key was taken out. I'm electronically challenged but I would like to know some more impute with these.

• 3 weeks later...
Well the parking light has 3 wires.. In order 1,2,3 green/black, black, green/black. I tried both combos of 1,2 and 2,3 no dice.. Which is odd.. What's really confusing me is there are 4 wires coming out of the light, owner before just said wire the twisted red and black wires.. Ones Super short, and the other is longer. Taking the back cover off looks like only the longer one comes from the power (brick) from the halos http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/30/9ae52864e954b609982fbf212ec69684.jpg

2017 Subaru STI

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any update on this?

I am looking to wire my halos into my DRLs. Does anybody have the steps that I would need to do to use my halos instead of my high beams as my DRL?

Thank you in advance

pull the bulb and wire your +/- to the connector

2017 Subaru STI

Archived