LegacyGT.com

how to troubleshoot boost leak

Im running a stock lgt flashed to stg 1 ap ots. I had to reset a cel po500 because I got hung up in some snow. When I did this the ap asked if I wanted to clear and reset learning. Now it feels as though its not pulling or boosting as hard in 3rd gear. Is this the ecm re learning how I drive or possibly a lack of boost due to leak? Any feedback always appreciated.

I'd drive it for a few day's like you normally drive. I think your being to worried.

Next time you do that. just start the car on/off 4 times, that will reset that type CEL.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If you have an AP plug it, turn on logging, and record a session. You can look at the log and see if your boost is normal, especially if you have prior logs.

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

During a live monitoring session dam is 1.0. Im not sure what iam is or how to see if im pulling timing. Ready to learn though

A good way to see is to do a log, however, under boost you can monitor Feeback Knock Correction and/or Fine Learned Knock correction. Any negative number indicates the degrees of timing the ECU is pulling to prevent or as a response to detected knock.

it looks as though im at around -1.4% for the feedback knock correction. is this something to keep an eye on or normal

given the direction of the thread the title is now completely wrong. lol o well

also that was monitored in 3rd gear, around 5000 rpms and pulling just over 80mph. 90-100% wot

it looks as though im at around -1.4% for the feedback knock correction. is this something to keep an eye on or normal

given the direction of the thread the title is now completely wrong. lol o well

also that was monitored in 3rd gear, around 5000 rpms and pulling just over 80mph. 90-100% wot

Gear and load matter more than WOT or rev, but all are important parts of the equation. What you want to see is that it's pulling timing and then putting it back, usually in about .2 deg increments.

ok that makes sense. i know im not crazy or (overly) paranoid. the car is definetly pulling differently. it seeems to take more throttle to get it to downshift than it normally would, but as max capacity said, i should drive it for a couple hundred more miles. I do not fully understand the learning of the ecm or what it really effects when it is reset, just know it changed something. ill try to get over to my brothers to hijack his pc and see if i can get some logs posted for review.

Did some more monitoring of knock feedback and learning. Looks to be pulling 2.5 degrees of timing for a brief moment during a pull and then to zero once at full throttle

Post a log.

If you do a long log (mine are sometimes the duration of my trip home from work (~15-20 mins freeway and stop/go traffic), just edit it down to the sections we need to see.

I will be logging tomorrow to post from work. What would you like the data points to be ? Forgive the learning curve and thanks for the patience.

The standard ones should already be checked in your AP. If you add more, it'll bog, and/or lock you out of the ecu. (Not lock out, per se, it'll just say it can't communicate/lost communications with the ecu. )

OP. fyi there is a great tool/app a fellow member designed not too long ago, to log/monitor live parameters, that can work on Android devices. See http://www.btssm.com/ and http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/btssm-bluetooth-adapter-app-229709.html.

You can log as usual (using the defrost button) and view the results right away on your phone/tablet and share it. Neat huh? :)

Archived