LegacyGT.com

model number plate/id plate location

As redslaya said the VIN is engraved in the firewall.

If you open the driver side door, there is also a label there on the lower side of the door with the VIN number and build date of the car. I'm glad you asked actually, because I was looking for the GVWR and GAWR ratings for our cars the other day, and couldn't find the label anywhere. I'm not sure if that's what you mean by model plate, but that's the closest I got.

Interesting, my 09 doesn't have that, thanks for the pics. I almost edited my last post because I didn't want to put words into your mouth. On my 09 the vin is engraved on the firewall near the passenger side strut.

Just so you know though, 4th gen sedans are BL9 while wagons are BP9

the 2.5GT's engine is ej255, the NA i believe is a ej253 (not sure on that) and the 3.0 is called the EZ30

Edit: keep in mind japan's model year system is different. a 2005 legacy in the USDM is a 2004 in the JDM.

• 2 weeks later...

What are you looking to buy? US chassis and Japanese chassis are not identical, and we got things a few applied models later than they did.

A good example of this is that there was no Applied Model F in the US. Your Applied model code says BL9E. This primarily was due to the fact that 4th gen didn't start until 2005 here.

Depending on what you are looking for, it may be a year or two off, or will require other parts to work.

im looking for front bumpers currently

What are you looking to buy? US chassis and Japanese chassis are not identical, and we got things a few applied models later than they did.

A good example of this is that there was no Applied Model F in the US. Your Applied model code says BL9E. This primarily was due to the fact that 4th gen didn't start until 2005 here.

Depending on what you are looking for, it may be a year or two off, or will require other parts to work.

Archived