LegacyGT.com

just real quick :)

Thx for coming, ill try to get you out of here real fast.

I Installed the CD piggyback aux in cable, and want to keep stock 6cd and auto climate.

I want a 12" sub and upgraded door speakers.

Could I use a small 2x20w amp for anything? I already have a 1000w amp but not sure how to wire it for best audio.

aux>preamp>6cd>1000w>sub/speakers/ground?

or

aux>6cd>pre>1000w>sub/spk/grnd?

im 19 just trying to do it "right" the first time and not be a noob at life. I promise im not a ricer :D

Thanks again guys, flame me a lot and send a link <3

You want to do it right the first time, you'll bite the bullet and buy the JDM double din conversion kit.

Price of admission is $350, son. Then you can put in whatever screen your heart desires.

As for a flame -- your parents are idiots. Who in the hell lets their 19 year old have a turbo car?

Advice for you: read my rebuild thread and shopping list. Your shit WILL break. And when it does, I hope your car stereo sounds great in the driveway. Maybe you'll be able to sell your 12s or whatever for money to go toward your new motor and turbo.

You want to do it right the first time, you'll bite the bullet and buy the JDM double din conversion kit.

Price of admission is $350, son. Then you can put in whatever screen your heart desires.

As for a flame -- your parents are idiots. Who in the hell lets their 19 year old have a turbo car?

Advice for you: read my rebuild thread and shopping list. Your shit WILL break. And when it does, I hope your car stereo sounds great in the driveway. Maybe you'll be able to sell your 12s or whatever for money to go toward your new motor and turbo.

actually my parents are absent :D

i work 45+ hrs a week for this car, which i own personally, thank you very much.

as for engine rebuild, ill be doing a vf52 swap this coming fall.

the speakers are for my drive to work and to gain electronics experience.

all in all, **** you, but thx for the advice regardless :)

ohh and i see u drive the 5eat? nice bro. seems a 19 y/o is more of an enthusiast than you

edit: i take that back, u have some legit posts... still you r an asshole.

ohh and i see u drive the 5eat? nice bro. seems a 19 y/o is more of an enthusiast than you

edit: i take that back, u have some legit posts... still you r an asshole.

Because you row your gears, you're somehow "more" of an enthusiast?

For the record, I can drive stick. I even own three pairs of Piloti driving shoes. Not that they're useful on automatic, but nevertheless.

Yes, my posts are straight legit, homie. Not that I wish it upon you, but disaster is always just around the corner with these cars. ;)

Because you row your gears, you're somehow "more" of an enthusiast?

For the record, I can drive stick. I even own three pairs of Piloti driving shoes. Not that they're useful on automatic, but nevertheless.

Yes, my posts are straight legit, homie. Not that I wish it upon you, but disaster is always just around the corner with these cars. ;)

bro ive been working on cars since i was a tot. my roomate and I worked on a 1959 studebaker that had been sitting for 20+ years and got peoples choice award at multiple shows. Im trying to learn electronics for tuning but dont have time because i work and go to school full time. i "asked" for flaming sarcastically, if u couldnt tell. Thx for the advice. If you have none left please leave me alone.

:trolls: As another 19 y/o owning one of these cars I enjoy watching this argument. I am on Tris' side though as don't expect this car to just be bolt on a new turbo because you want more power. Have the money for the impending doom that is a full rebuild. It will happen and is inevitable.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Oh man there's some hostility going on. I think Tris was more or less trying to be sarcastic at first, and someone people didn't get that at all, so he pulled the big guns out. But yeah dude, don't throw a bigger turbo in with no supporting mods, shit will go bang real quick unfortunately, these are picky cars, so when pumping more power into it, tread lightly. Good luck though! I don't know anything about electronics so I can't help you much there.

Oh man there's some hostility going on. I think Tris was more or less trying to be sarcastic at first, and someone people didn't get that at all, so he pulled the big guns out. But yeah dude, don't throw a bigger turbo in with no supporting mods, shit will go bang real quick unfortunately, these are picky cars, so when pumping more power into it, tread lightly. Good luck though! I don't know anything about electronics so I can't help you much there.

this is my first car made after 1980 so im just getting familiar with everything, its not like im jumping ahead here. Car has 85k but still running strong, should get me around till the rebuild. all my big plans are for next year, maybe even later depending on school/work. cant you guys focus on the car? this seems more like youtube comments :/

Depending on how much you drive and your driving style. You may be due for a rebuild at 100k miles which may come up quick. Seriously look at Tris' shopping cart and start saving for the eventual rebuild. It is better to start saving earlier then have your car sit for awhile while you save up money to be able to get a new one

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Archived