LegacyGT.com

HELP! Car will not start

So, 2008 LGT, no engine mods. I went to go home from work and the it would not start. Car cranks repeatedly but will not turn over. Started and ran just fine going to work this morning, no rough idle or CEL.

Tried another battery just to be sure, same issue. I can hear the fuel pump, so I'm assuming it's getting fuel, which leads me to a spark issue. I used my OBD code reader, but it's not throwing any codes. So I have two questions:

1. Assuming a coil/plug went bad, wouldn't it start on 3 cylinders?

2. Since the coils/plugs are so inconveniently located, is there a way to check if they're functioning without disassembling everything?

Is there anything else I can look at? Any help is appreciated at this point. Thanks!

I had no CEL's when I drove to work, and it doesn't show any on the ECU with my OBD2 reader either. The light comes on when it's cranking, but it always does.

I did pull the negative cable for 15 seconds to try and reset the ECU to no effect. I'm assuming that would do that trick?

I had no CEL's when I drove to work, and it doesn't show any on the ECU with my OBD2 reader either. The light comes on when it's cranking, but it always does.

I did pull the negative cable for 15 seconds to try and reset the ECU to no effect. I'm assuming that would do that trick?

It's more like 15mins. Also, step on the brakes for about a minute.

about 10 seconds on the brake is all it usually takes to discharge the electricity in the system and reset the ECU.

any fuel smell coming from the exhaust pipes after cranking it for a bit with no start?

Ah ha! Finally got it to throw a code. P0335, crank position sensor. Guess I'll hit up AutoZone tomorrow

That's the one right under the alt, it will definitely prevent firing if it's not sending a signal. Take a look in that are and make double sure everything is connected properly.

Archived