LegacyGT.com

Center differential question!

I feel like this question has already been asked many times, but i am very new to this subie world and I haven't been able to find this information anywhere online.

the car: 07 Legacy 2.5i Limited 4EAT.

I am trying to get 45/55 torque ratio, or better yet, 50/50. I have read about the switch mod, but i want this to be an always on thing. and I hear a lot of people saying that my car is already 50/50 in 1st and 2nd gear, but I want it all the time.

the question: what, if any differential can i fit into my transmission? i heard that older WRX diffs might fit, but i dont know what year or part number to look for. Im also going to replace my rear diff, but this information is easily accessable, since i can use an outback or LGT rear diff.

thanks everyone!

Slow down, brother man!

Look, if you wanna do mods, you bought the wrong car. These are already a money pit-- wouldn't you like to actually get something for your dollars put in?

What you're asking for won't have a noticeable difference in your daily driving. Heck, you'd be hard-pressed to find a situation where you could push the car hard enough to tell the difference in torque split percentages. Your 4EAT isn't moddable at all, and, honestly, your money could be better spent elsewhere.

If you're under thirty days with the car, maybe look into taking it back. Legally, if you bought it from a dealership of any kind, they have to take it back within 30days, no questions asked. Hop on CL and find an LGT. Heck, off the top of my head, I know there is at least one good LGT sedan in Beaverton that's worth checking out. Or, hit up Horizontal Motorsports off 26(?), I bet they know of something nice that's for sale.

Otherwise, keep up on the oil changes and just drive it. Its not a speed demon, and, unfortunately, it will never be. If you want something fun, you'll need to find a different car -

Welcome, there's lots to be learned here!

I don't want to make it a fast car, just capable of handling ice and snow in the places I go.

So there is no way I can get a new diff in the transmission? Didn't the 03-04 WRXs use 4eats with a 50/50 split? And what rear diffs can I use?

I don't want to make it a fast car, just capable of handling ice and snow in the places I go.

So there is no way I can get a new diff in the transmission? Didn't the 03-04 WRXs use 4eats with a 50/50 split? And what rear diffs can I use?

It won't handle snow or ice any better than it already does now (for practically free, and with less labor and monkeying with things!) if you replace any parts of the trans.

There are literally ZERO gains to be had by opening your trans case and replacing the front, center, or rear sections. Even so, again, you won't be able to notice a difference.

I never thought much about the split, all I know is my LGT is great in snow and rain. Ice....I'm not sure anything is great on ice. Do you have dedicated winter tires? That is a reasonable and easy way to improve the car in bad weather.

I got the car with winter tires on it. I will be getting a set of summer tires later this year.

As far as the torque split, your LGT already has 50/50 or 45/55. But I dont, and I want full time 50/50 just for fun. Maybe it'll help play in the snow. Maybe it won't do anything beneficial, no harm in trying it though.

Archived