LegacyGT.com

Help! Car wont Accelerate!

Wanted to follow up on this since the problem has finally been resolved...

Turns out that the second, downstream catalytic converter was plugged up. I was both happy and pissed off at the same time for many reasons.

Not sure if I mentioned this or not but the front catalytic converter had a recall and was replaced for free by Subaru. This was like a month before I started having the hesitation problems, speed sensor CEL's, and all the other crap I mentioned. What I think happened is the front converter caused the problem with the downstream converter and I think Subaru gave some sort of BS reason for converter recall when in fact the real reason for the recall was that the front converter was a piece of crap, it started to break up internally and might cause the downstream to plug up.

Anyway, the hesitation problem is resolved. Unfortunately at the same time I had the car in the shop for the hesitation, I was also experiencing a loud whining sound from the front center of the car. Turned out the front transaxle $hit the bed. What luck!

Today the car drives friggin awesome! Lots of power, smooth, it's like better than new.

PS... if anyone knows of some good how to's on replacing the front and rear struts, that would be awesome since that will be my next project.

Wanted to follow up on this since the problem has finally been resolved...

Turns out that the second, downstream catalytic converter was plugged up. I was both happy and pissed off at the same time for many reasons.

Not sure if I mentioned this or not but the front catalytic converter had a recall and was replaced for free by Subaru. This was like a month before I started having the hesitation problems, speed sensor CEL's, and all the other crap I mentioned. What I think happened is the front converter caused the problem with the downstream converter and I think Subaru gave some sort of BS reason for converter recall when in fact the real reason for the recall was that the front converter was a piece of crap, it started to break up internally and might cause the downstream to plug up.

Anyway, the hesitation problem is resolved. Unfortunately at the same time I had the car in the shop for the hesitation, I was also experiencing a loud whining sound from the front center of the car. Turned out the front transaxle $hit the bed. What luck!

Today the car drives friggin awesome! Lots of power, smooth, it's like better than new.

PS... if anyone knows of some good how to's on replacing the front and rear struts, that would be awesome since that will be my next project.

Strut and Spring Install on 2.5i

Enjoy!

Archived