LegacyGT.com

Husqvarna, Echo or Stihl backpack leaf blower

So I am looking for a backpack leaf blower as a Xmas present from my wife. I only have used my father in laws Echo that works pretty well. The Stihl and Echo's are about $500 and I understand the Husky is closer to $400. I want the top of the line one that has the 195+ MPH as I have one full acre of land and alot of tree's.

What one do you have? How much was it?

Jay

This one is $400 at HD and I have a 10% off coupon

http://www.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-233-mph-651-CFM-Gas-Blower-PB-755ST/100666160

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

I have a Dolmar 4 Stroke - It's more powerful, and the four stroke makes for constant power and easy starting - Fires right up every time, and even has an easy to use idle adjustment tab right on the handle.

It's a little more money ($499) but it's professional grade - and after 4 seasons of leaf cleanup and light snow blowing - I've only had to put gas in it...

Just noticed - you're in Northern CT - I can put you in touch with my tree guy who I purchased mine through if you like.

Or stop by R&R Power Equipment in E. Granby - They sell Husquavarna and Echo - but will guide you on best options - They've never steered me wrong yet and are not out to sell you top of line just because....

• 2 weeks later...
Stihl first, Dolmar second, Husquavarva third. Echo never.

I forgot about Stihl - They were even more expensive - although it is a you get what you pay for situation:cool: - FYI - R&R is also a Stihl Dealer;) - So you can compare them all there vs. low end Home Depot junk:spin:

• 4 weeks later...

I've had great success with my Ryobi (I know, I know...) but then I saw that you had a full acre and realized that certainly would not work for you.

Have you considered a walk-behind blower? Something like this? http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200623854_200623854?cm_mmc=Google-pla-_-Lawn%20%2B%20Garden-_-Lawn%20Sweepers%20%2B%20Vacuums-_-42436&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=42436&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=42436&gclid=CMaaxMfJh8MCFQ4S7AodCEsAyQ

Archived