LegacyGT.com

Installing an aftermarket....center console?

My '08 Legacy was broken into last night, and to get to the audio they ripped out the center console.

Apparently the total fix for this, because the console is actually one giant piece, is $1800!! ($700 for the part, $1100 for labor) at a bodyshop I've been going to for years.

A couple of my car savvy friends have said this is definitely an instance to buy console pieces aftermarket and piece my way there. Apparently it's an easy install as well.

Thoughts? Thanks.

You can get an oem one on forums for $100. Aftermarket requires you to go to JDM center console HVAC controls, expect to pay $400ish, plus a single/double din headunit of your choice.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

An aftermarket center console? Are you trying to customize or just get replacement parts. For replacements, I would find a junkyard to get the parts from. Or get one from a part out on here..

You can get an oem one on forums for $100. Aftermarket requires you to go to JDM center console HVAC controls, expect to pay $400ish, plus a single/double din headunit of your choice.

Dems your options, son.

They stole a Kenwood touchscreen audio system that was already in there when I purchased the car. And yea, they ripped out the HVAC controls and just left the side trim in pieces.

I'd like to avoid going the insurance route, just because my deductible is $500, and it seems like I can get parts for cheaper than that?

Archived