LegacyGT.com

Monsterface's 05 OBXT build thread

Hi all,

I've lurked this forum for almost 2 years now, and I figure it’s about time I start up a build thread for my car. She started off as a stock 05 outback XT limited with about 100,000 kms. I'll be using this thread to document all the mods and maintenance done on this car. My goal is to make this car into a wicked sleeper that I can daily drive for years to come. I've gotten a lot of help and information from this community, so I think it’s time to give a little back. Enough with the small talk, here is my current setup:

Engine:

Cobb AccessPort V2

Cobb SF Intake & airbox

Cobb XLE bpv

Blouch 380XT

Blouch 440XT ***Not Installed***

Grimmspeed 2-bolt EWG up pipe

Grimmspeed EBCS

Tial 44mm wastegate (atmospheric dump )

Agency Power catless downpipe

Invidia Q300 exhaust

DeatschWerks 65C fuel pump

DeatschWerks 740cc injectors

AVO tmic

NGK one-step colder spark plugs (LFR7AIX)

Tomei type-s fuel pressure regulator

Drivetrain:

5MT

06 WRX flywheel

Southbend Stage 3 Endurance clutch

TSK3 transmission snout repair kit

Suspension/Brakes:

Cusco Front Endlinks

Whiteline 20mm rear sway bar ***Not installed***

Whiteline front control arm bushing ***Not installed***

Whiteline anti-lift kit ***Not installed***

Footwork:

Oem 17" wheels

Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 (225/55/17)

Interior/Exterior:

AEM air fuel gauge

AEM boost gauge

Weathertech floor mats

Interior LED lights

Two 12" subs w/ amp

TRS "RetroQuik" 4300K HID's

De-badged tailgate

To-do list:

Replace PCV

Change brake fluid

Delete TGV's

Wish-list:

Crawford AOS

AVO turbo inlet hose

Group N Engine, Transmission, and Pitch stop mounts

Aquamist HFS3 methanol injection system

Invidia/Perrin/Other 2-bolt equal length header

Killer B Oil Pickup

Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace

Whiteline 22mm front sway bar (BSF30Z)

Whiteline front roll centre kit (KCA313)

Whiteline steering rack bushings (KSR207)

Whiteline lower front & rear control arms (KTA124)

Whiteline lower front & rear control arm bolts and washers (KCA307)

Whiteline 20 mm rear sway bar bushings (W0404-20)

AVO rear sway bar reinforcement mounts

Outback body spacer removal

LGT struts w/ Koni yellows

Springs (Swift, Epic, or STi)

STI 6 speed

Damd flat bottomed steering wheel w/ red stitching

Yellow Lamin-x Foglight covers

Yellow Foglight Bulbs

2015 STI steering rack

JDM double din kit

Double din head unit

5-channel amp

2-component speakers for front

2-coaxial speakers for rear

Here are some pics of the car:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/mmatthew_le/20140608_031433_zpsd47038fb.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/mmatthew_le/20130710_100445_zps5b5d7aed.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/mmatthew_le/20130710_100049_zps3d1c9fcb.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/mmatthew_le/20140630_013026_zpsaee0f53d.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/mmatthew_le/20141005_005458_zps0ee7657c.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Boxkita! BTW, the 275's on your RPF1's look awesome. I'd love to copy that wheel setup in the future, did you need a roll/pull on the fenders to fit them?

Leviman, we are almost twins. Except mine is a limited (black leather). What are you planning to do power wise??

Thanks MrTris! I do agree, CGO is definitely an old man colour. But It doesn't really bother me that much since I spend most of my time driving the car rather than looking at it lol. I've tossed around the idea of dipping the car, but can't seem to justify it when there is so many other mods I'd rather do haha.

Thanks MrTris! I do agree, CGO is definitely an old man colour. But It doesn't really bother me that much since I spend most of my time driving the car rather than looking at it lol. I've tossed around the idea of dipping the car, but can't seem to justify it when there is so many other mods I'd rather do haha.

It's definitely a 'sneaky' color, wolf-in-sheep's-clothing. You'll probably get less tickets since it just doesn't stand out. That's not a bad thing at all.

I've been pretty lucky to say the least, in my 2.5 years of ownership. Never had any issues with law enforcement, even with the EWG. But... unfortunately I have been dinged multiple times by photo-radar :mad:. $50-$100 tickets sure add up quickly :lol:

I haven't gotten either of those in . . . Well, years now!

I think the last time I was pulled over was for having only my DRLs on, which, meant I had no taillights. WSP pulled me over, told me to turn on my lights, and then sent me on my way - Now I'm rocking no front plate, and I run yellows, but I never get flashed. :iam:

Fingers crossed, especially since my last ticket dropped and my insurance went down my about $40/month! :eek:

Post up some pics of the retrofit, I've been looking at doing the LGT PNP kit but I'm too scared 😂😂

They're super easy to do. Hardest part is finding a place to mount the ballasts and, if you have them, anti-flicker caps.

Personally, I drilled mine to the bottom of the headlight housing, since I had them out anyway.

Leviman, we are almost twins. Except mine is a limited (black leather). What are you planning to do power wise??

Nice! I've got an UP and DP. Going to install those, get it tuned, be on my way. Maybe a VF52 some day, my friend has a VF52 and hey, I gotta keep up:lol:

Post up some pics of the retrofit, I've been looking at doing the LGT PNP kit but I'm too scared 😂😂

For sure man! You should definitely do this mod, there is a lot of documented DIY's already and I'm sure the guys on the forum will be happy to guide you through any issues you come across.

Nice! I've got an UP and DP. Going to install those, get it tuned, be on my way. Maybe a VF52 some day, my friend has a VF52 and hey, I gotta keep up:lol:

Awesome, are you going with an E-tune or dyno tune? Either way, you are sure to enjoy stage 2 power level.

Quick update: A brown truck dropped this beauty off at my place this afternoon.

Blouch 440XT w/ 8 cm housing...Not sure if it is a HPD wheel or not. Anyone know how you can tell?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/mmatthew_le/20141202_191322-1_zps71c41c86.jpg

The previous owner forgot to ship the wastegate actuator, arm, and bracket. So it'll probably a week or two before this thing gets installed.

As per the wish list I would avoid the Crawford AOS. I havent seen a good reason to have one, and also have seen several coolant leaks due to the inexpensive hose they include with it.

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Another update. I performed a compression test on motor today. Results seem to be good.

Cyl 1: 130 psi

Cyl 2: 125 psi

Cyl 3: 130 psi

Cyl 4: 125 psi

What is the maximim acceptable variance between cylinders?

Those are excellent numbers! Iirc, they're supposed to be within 10% of each other, but, yours are pretty damn good, and that's all that matters!

• 1 month later...

Hey all, its been a while since I've last updated my thread.

I recently installed a Tomei fuel pressure regulator & gauge hoping it would solve my leaning out/hesistation problems during WOT. Unfortunately the problem has lessened slightly but is still very prevalent.

Anyways here is picture of the install. I used Russell EFI quick connects for the hard lines and -6 AN fittings.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/mmatthew_le/20150121_2336361_zps4438a325.jpg

Archived