LegacyGT.com

Considering purchase

Wondering if I should buy a 2005 Legacy 2.5 GT Limited that needs an engine and turbo. The owner started taking them apart; the engine compartment was full of leaves and the parts he removed were in a pile beside the car.

I think it is safe to say he was not meticulous about disassembly or storing or labelling parts.

He is asking $500. Edmunds suggests it would be worth around $6,000 with a working engine and such.

How many miles? Has the suspension ever been refreshed? How's the interior and exterior?

Putting a new turbo and engine in will at least cost you 6k. Having said that I personally would look forward to the adventure/calamity/disaster that is an engine rebuild/install.

Turbo looks brand new, so at least it has that going for it, but it's probably rusted.

Personal Opinion, I would buy it in a heart beat, but I'm mechanically inclined. If your not it could be a good learning ground, but realistically unless your willing to learn or pay someone money it wont get far.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Is that a snake under the alternator? The dude that did this should be punched directly in the face.

You can easily pull 1k all day out of parting it out then scrap if you're so inclined but you'll regret trying to make this a project.

Archived