LegacyGT.com

Review: AVO offset LCA bushings and other PU bushing

JMLegacy

My intentions for installing this was to give my front end a tighter feel. I've heard it made the sway bars feel bigger and overall handling improves. Before getting them i read the review by another which hinted that the NVH barely increased.

Barely my A$$!

Initial reaction was wow, this sure made the front end uncomfortable. Every bump in the road I felt it to my bones.

but as soon as i got up to speed, the improvement in cornering was noticeable. It's like the car knows exactly where you wanna put the front. Not sure if it's mind over matter. But I'll let you know later when I remove these and go stock

Why am i going stock?

http://s18.postimg.org/45cy1yk0p/20141109_154135.jpg

2 reasons for going back stock.

The main reason being the NVH increased so much that even a pebble on the road would be trasferred to the cabin as noise. It's so much it's uncomfortable. Makes me embarassed whenever someone rides in the car, especially female. The entire dashboard is rattling like a very old car

The second reason is the driver side LCA failed. This happened less than 2 weeks after fitting it. THe little cushion that it sits one ripped.

I suppose these are meant for track cars only. For a daily driver if you do install it be sure the roads you drive on are absolutely smooth with little bumps and potholes. If your road surface is course, it's gonna be a nightmare.

P.S I had installed whiteline Poly urethane bushings for camber and another lateral link in the rear. I always wonder why is it than when i go over a bump the front was silent and the rear gave a load bang. It was the polyurethane. Not suitable for street cars with rough roads.

I'll be puting on the stock LCA bushings today. Bye bye PU.

What other poly bushings do you have up front? What other suspension mods do you have done? What rims/tires are you on?

I installed the Whiteline front LCA rearward bushing and it didn't increase the road NVH a slick, and I have crappy roads where I live. I'm on stock struts/springs front, and all of the bushings are stock too.

I was worried about the increased NVH, but was pleasantly surprised when I saw neither.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

What other poly bushings do you have up front? What other suspension mods do you have done? What rims/tires are you on?

I installed the Whiteline front LCA rearward bushing and it didn't increase the road NVH a slick, and I have crappy roads where I live. I'm on stock struts/springs front, and all of the bushings are stock too.

I was worried about the increased NVH, but was pleasantly surprised when I saw neither.

Just bought white line front LCA bushings, hoping it goes well like yours.

Front forward, or front rearward? I only have front rearward ones, stock front LCA forward bushings. On my Infiniti installing front forward bushings definitely lead to increased NVH.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

• 6 months later...

Archived