LegacyGT.com

Rough idle, P0302 and P0304

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same code. P0302.

I think I will just order the new fuel injector. If this is a notorious problem on our cars and i already changed the plugs (crappy bosch and ngk from dealership and misfired on both plugs), swapped the coils couple of times, changed the injector seals (maybe i should do this again?), the only thing left is the injector.

oh, i also did a compression check.

I'm not sure what else it could be.

I know the best would be to swap out injectors. Maybe I will try that, but i don't wanna be messing around and creating more problems...like have it misfire on one more cylinder lol

thx!

No I didn't :(

I was kind of afraid of removing another injector, i don't wanna mess up the orings and start having misfire on another cyl. lol

but you're right, swapping injectors will tell me if that's the problem. I might have to do that tomorrow :/

is it possible that i didn't install orings properly?

or could there be a reason for orings to keep failing? when i installed new orings, everything was fine for last like 3-4 months. Engine idling was much smoother too.

I'm running into this on my 2005 turbo wagon. Super rough idles, misfire happens a few minutes after starting, always cylinder 2. I tried the usual -- replaced coil pack #2 + all plugs, no help!

Here's the weird thing -- I do 90% of my driving in city, stop & go, 50 MPH max. I took a ~400 mile drive to Tahoe and back during winter and I noticed immediately that my idle was no longer rough and the CEL went away and didn't come back! I thought it was due to the altitude... a few days later, back at home, idle was crap again and back to constant misfire. After a few months of this, I drove ~100 freeway miles each way to Santa Cruz this weekend. Now back at home, idle is super smooth and the CEL is GONE. Probably it will be back in a few days...

Summary: Long freeway drives make my crap idle + misfire go away temporarily. Does that make sense at all?!?

• 5 months later...
I'm running into this on my 2005 turbo wagon. Super rough idles, misfire happens a few minutes after starting, always cylinder 2. I tried the usual -- replaced coil pack #2 + all plugs, no help!

Here's the weird thing -- I do 90% of my driving in city, stop & go, 50 MPH max. I took a ~400 mile drive to Tahoe and back during winter and I noticed immediately that my idle was no longer rough and the CEL went away and didn't come back! I thought it was due to the altitude... a few days later, back at home, idle was crap again and back to constant misfire. After a few months of this, I drove ~100 freeway miles each way to Santa Cruz this weekend. Now back at home, idle is super smooth and the CEL is GONE. Probably it will be back in a few days...

Summary: Long freeway drives make my crap idle + misfire go away temporarily. Does that make sense at all?!?

Mine popped up again, p0302, will have to tackle this sometime this weekend

Just saying, IMO these cars don't do well if you never drive them on the highway for about 10 miles or more. It's kind of something I've noticed from being on here all these years.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived