LegacyGT.com

P0183 code mystery... ideas?

2009 Legacy 2.5i (non turbo), 72k on the clock.

Getting a code, P0183. Replaced the Fuel Temperature Sensor, didn't help. The connector checks out fine. No other codes involved, only P0183.

Any ideas?

It stumps our local Subby dealer and is going to another Subaru mechanic in a couple of weeks.

Check engine light goes on and stays on for a couple weeks, then goes off for a few days, and comes back on again, etc.

:icon_conf

I don't know if it's true, but I read you have to splice the new sensor into place with the existing wiring. If that's true, I wonder if the technician mixed the wires since both wires look black to me? This is a tough one, from what I've read a new sensor should fix the problem.

When I did research on this, it sounded like the replacement fuel temperature sensor does not come with a plug. I read it just has two bare wires coming off it and you need to cut old temperature sensor out, and splice the new sensor in. I don't know if this is true and it sounds kinda weird, but I guess it is possible if this part rarely ever needs to be replaced, which is what it sounds like. So I was thinking maybe the connection to the new sensor isn't very good since it has to be spliced in? Long shot, but there's not a lot out there on this issue.

• 4 years later...
just wondering if there is any update to this issue you had with the sensor? I know this is from 2014. I drive 2011 legacy 3.6 and I'm having issues with something similar as far as codes go. My check engine light is on also my cruise control light e-brake and traction control light. the car is running on reduced power. I took it to a shop and they couldn't come up with a resolution. feeling frustrated

just wondering if there is any update to this issue you had with the sensor? I know this is from 2014. I drive 2011 legacy 3.6 and I'm having issues with something similar as far as codes go. My check engine light is on also my cruise control light e-brake and traction control light. the car is running on reduced power. I took it to a shop and they couldn't come up with a resolution. feeling frustrated

You should ask this question to the 5th Gen group. Have you been changing the fuel filter assembly? The factory interval is every 60k miles. I saw this on another Legacy where the owner wasn't doing the filter changes and the electrical connector was overheated.

Archived