LegacyGT.com

Boxkita's random thoughts while wagon collects dust in the garage

What color to paint head & valve covers?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What color to paint head & valve covers?

• Both cherry blossom (Subaru Pink)
    • Both hello kitty pink
    • Heads no paint, covers cherry blossom
    • Heads no paint, covers hello kitty pink
    • Both no paint
    • Profanity - why would do that?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mrs boxkita is going to hit the limit and kill you all after you decide in the middle of the night to engage the help of a welder and completely cage the wagon. That's what I meant.

Middle of the night? F that! His neighborhood isn't that nice, and I have a bedtime! Even on Saturdays!

Oh, yeah, for those that stop by, feel free to peruse the extra wagon parts and "I thought I was gonna build a race car" parts selection.

Includes such oddities as 50% of a rear set of HP+ pads, engine cover, front bumper skin, large collection of miata sized tires, 2 sets of lgt oem wheels/tires, 1 set of michelin supersport tires in SpecB size, etc.

My Mishimoto X-line from "underdog" fit great, I had to cut about a 1/2" off the hoses but it dropped right in.

Make sure you buy a extra gallon of coolant, that thing is thirsty.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

LGT should be able to do that drive in about 11 hours with a good detector. 14 without or taking 101.

I don't want to put that many miles on my newer motor. Start a live feed and I can walk you through the process. :lol:

My wife's balls are delicious.

When talking about radiators for Subarus, IMO, it's all about the metallurgy - especially where your block is concerned. Koyo designs/engineers theirs for the Subaru alloys and hand-builds each one in Japan. Mishimoto, not so much.

I'm going with the KoyoRad replacement for my OEM one when I do the rest of the Stage 3+ upgrades. P/N is KOYO-VH2778-001 More info here

I like that Koyo Japan builds these in-house and QAs each one. This version also includes an integrated 1/8” NPT female accessory fitting located near the top inlet tube. This fitting (supplied with a threaded plug) will accept a 1/8” NPT temperature sensor supplied with most aftermarket temperature gauges.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived