LegacyGT.com

Where on God's green earth can I buy a New FACTORY Intercooler for my '06 GT

Why on God's green earth would you want to spend money on a new stock intercooler. They are prone to leaking at that joint and they all fail eventually, even at stock boost levels. I would either buy a used one, fix yours, or you should buy a cheap used aftermarket one that will never have an issue. But to spend money on a brand new stock one is crazy.

Why on God's green earth would you want to spend money on a new stock intercooler. They are prone to leaking at that joint and they all fail eventually, even at stock boost levels. I would either buy a used one, fix yours, or you should buy a cheap used aftermarket one that will never have an issue. But to spend money on a brand new stock one is crazy.

Because even the best aftemarket units have a hard time out-flowing the OEM unit; the cooling is adequate, but not wild like say, a Process West. The ONLY weak point of the OEM TMIC is the endtanks. Using the BMB BPTMIC kit makes it more than hardy for most Stage 2 applications -

. . . And for <$300 for a NEW OEM TMIC, well, you can't really beat that price. GOOD aftermarket TMICs are at least twice that -

That's why. :D

Archived