LegacyGT.com

Where on God's green earth can I buy a New FACTORY Intercooler for my '06 GT

So my legacy GT started throwing lean codes and misfire codes. I replaced the MAF because I accidentally broke it trying to clean it, and that did nothing. I took it to the dealership and they told me the intercooler was leaking where the "metal meets the plastic". They wan't roughly $650 to fix it.

Where the heck can I find a FACTORY NEW intercooler for it that I can install myself. Every time I do a google search I get used ebay coolers, or some crazy expensive aftermarket kits.

ALL I WANT IS OEM _ NEW

Thanks guys.

I can get you a new OEM intercooler but you may be able to fix your current one with a "bullet proof" kit sold by BarManBean on the forum. Crimp the tabs back down and install the kit (aluminum extrusion and SS zip ties) and you are back in business. Common problem and relatively inexpensive and very reliable fix.

I would imagine any dealer or subaru parts retailer should be able to get you one, granted they will probably have to order one first since they probably don't stock them.

http://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2006_Legacy25L-TURBO-5MT-4WD25GT-LIMITEDOUTBACKXT-SEDAN/_54102_6026599/INTER-COOLER/B13-072-01.html

Bulletproof tmic links

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bullet-proof-tmic-kits-189608.html

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bulletproof-tmic-mod-lgt-08-wrx-158870.html

Post a picture of your intercooler so we can see if its toast or not. The BP mod is really not hard to do. You probably don't need a new one and can get away with reenforcing the old. But if you do need another don't waste your money on new, just get one used, but you still need to BP it.

This guy in MN has one for $60, might even ship for less then $100.00. http://mnsubaru.com/threads/2014-wrx-stock-parts.47941/

Why do you need a new one ? I have a good one in my basement taking up space. They pop up on the for sale forum often too.

Used ones go for next to nothing,

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I bought a like new/used OEM TMIC in the classified here for $50 shipped a cpl weeks ago.

I recently noticed a very slight oil residue on the bottom left corner of mine. Gonna swap my BP kit over to the new one and ride on.

They said around $450 for a new one no labor. Is the a stock styler aftermarke (sp) maybe?

It's when faced with a problem like this that my brain starts doing simple arithmetic and I justify a (probably used, but still significantly better) aftermarket upgrade.

Tits mcgee

It's when faced with a problem like this that my brain starts doing simple arithmetic and I justify a (probably used, but still significantly better) aftermarket upgrade.

I would be ok with used aftermarket, but my car is all stock. Would the aftermarket one mess with the censors? I just shy away from used parts in general. But an eBay uses one is $40-$60, or from one of y'all I guess. Then I could coat the edges with apoxy or JB. It will never go over stock boost.

I would be ok with used aftermarket, but my car is all stock. Would the aftermarket one mess with the censors? I just shy away from used parts in general. But an eBay uses one is $40-$60, or from one of y'all I guess. Then I could coat the edges with epoxy or JB. It will never go over stock boost.

Bad idea. That's why the BMB BPTMIC kit exists. Bracing is better than glue.

Archived