LegacyGT.com

Finally got a new engine

So its been a while, I picked up a 05 LGT earlier this year that had a blown engine and the previous owner tried to pull a insurance scam by breaking a bunch of glass and what not for 450

Previous engine was completely toasted cyl 3 connecting rod bearing didnt exist anymore, and the exhaust cams had started to try and weld themselves to the cam journals. It wasnt a pretty sight.

Well after months of searching for a engine I deemed worthy I found one through a salvage yard we use at my Dealer. It has 91k on it and I picked it up for 3K even.

Waiting on a few parts to show up and hopefully Ill get around to installing it in the next week or so and finally get to drive my Subie.

10397056_10152427085976120_9033975452669221896_o.thumb.jpg.ce18f45641f43120e267f24434c99665.jpg

10620205_10152427086116120_6321821089956737530_o.thumb.jpg.d1dcf22a64f11c2ebdb325f8586bf477.jpg

Turbo looks brand new, got a Gates T belt kit waiting on my valve cover gaskets to show up from subaru, and I got a Killer B oil pick up on the way.

Im glad you said something about those filters I completely forgot those existed

Don't forget to replace the black o-rings between the intake and TGV's with the new larger orange ones.

Tighten all gas line clamps.

Clean all the grounds.

Replace heater hoses.

Have you read my click here link ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

As Max mention, this is the perfect time to freshen up the motor by inspecting all hoses and vacuum lines along with everything he said. I'm sure you don't want to run into any suprises once the motor is in.

$100 savings tip: When installing the motor, take out the front O2 sensor until the motor is in. This is one of the most common mistakes most of us have done. The reason is because you will bang it against the frame while getting it to align with the trans.

My wife's balls are delicious.

what i would do if I was putting this in my wifes car ............

new turbo inlet , oem or whatever floats your boat

intake to tgv gaskets as mentioned above

every single rubber hose

pcv valve

remove hot water from throttle body

valve cover gaskets

the damn screens removed

timing belt and pulleys/idlers , not the pump

maybe's .........

tgv deletes and 3mm phenolic spacers

topfeed conversion w/ whatever injectors suited

Don't forget to replace the black o-rings between the intake and TGV's with the new larger orange ones.

Tighten all gas line clamps.

Clean all the grounds.

Replace heater hoses.

Have you read my click here link ?

The gaskets are those an updated part through subaru?

Done done and done, Yea I read your link when I was looking at a short block before I found the heads trashed.

I got to say Im pretty excited. Hopefully I can have the rest of my parts in and ready to drop by this weekend, first free weekend with no work or class in months.

what i would do if I was putting this in my wifes car ............

new turbo inlet , oem or whatever floats your boat

intake to tgv gaskets as mentioned above

every single rubber hose The Venair hose kit from msprank's Group Buy is a great option, and he still has stock left..

pcv valve

remove hot water from throttle body

valve cover gaskets

the damn screens removed

timing belt and pulleys/idlers , not the pump

maybe's .........

tgv deletes and 3mm phenolic spacers

topfeed conversion w/ whatever injectors suited

Yes when you order the o-rings from the dealer you only get the larger orange ones.

I did them back in May 2010.

When buying the engine gasket set you get the orange ones.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

What advantage would there be to a hot water delete at the throttle body. I'm assuming just long the coolant hoses is what you are referring to. Same question with tgv delete. My main goal with the car is a fun DD maybe furthere down the line upgrading to stg 2 but nothing crazy.

Archived