LegacyGT.com

Local legacy ignorance

STI aren't as cool as the legacies. Back in the day STIs were cool 04-07. Now everyone has one 😒 but our cars have class, performance and they're sleepers. Just shows you what those people know about cars. If you're any sort of intelligent in cars then you know at least 85% of what cars are on the road. I can look at a car from down the road and narrow it down to 3 possible cars if not nail it. Just tell them yeah it's a camry..... On roids!!! Or just throw your hands in the air and just go crazy get in the car slam your door and do an AWD burnout.

They might just say "hey, that was a fast camry/Impala"

I've been to meets where no one really pays attention to my GT (Wagon), but I always get a few people drooling hard over my car, that makes it worth it. You get Subaru guys that think the only Subaru worth having is a WRX/STI, then you get the true Subaru enthusiasts, and that's what it's all about.

Also, it's so, so fun to blow the doors off of those unfortunate cars that decide they won't let that slow looking Subaru wagon merge into 'their' lane. :cool:

Since my car's debadged, but I still have the rear Subaru emblem, I do get curious looks every now and again -- even from other (newer) Subie drivers. Lots of young guys working at gas stations will strike up convos with me, usually leading with "Which car is this??" The understated, sleek, but somewhat undiscovered personality of this car is definitely a large part of its appeal.

I am debadged and have my rear Subaru badge as an L7 badge. I get asked what she is all the time. If its a douche I say its Australian made lol. if someone decent ill just them an its a Subaru. I get Subi love waves from all sorts of other Subaru

I normally don't mind but seeing as how I am trying to sell mine I wish more people knew what it is because all they know or want is STI or WRX. Considering the sheer size and volume of traffic in the DFW metroplex the Legacy is the best choice for the long hauls around here.

Not enough legacys around my area to really exchange waves with, and maybe 1 out of every 10 wrx/sti owners actually recognize my car and wave. I dont pay any attention to them anymore the reason I bought a legacy was to be different and more comfortable/professional looking while still enjoying every minute behind the wheel!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Archived