LegacyGT.com

HID Upgrade on 2.5i Limited

He is allowed, It is all in fun.

He took it all the wrong way. I was agreeing with Zero that they should of added the HID option for the 2.5i and was one of the reasons for my decision.

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The topic of this thread is upgrading the 2.5 to HID. Discussion about gas mileage and sharing the justification for why you now own a 3.6 has nothing to do with helping 2.5 owners find good solid HID upgrade option. Threads are only as valuable as the information contained in them. 6 months from now when a new member does a search because he wants to put HIDs on his 2.5, he is likely in search of pertinent information about his topic and is not interested in pouring through 800 posts of banter that don't help him.

Please keep discussion ON TOPIC and refrain from THREAD JACKING, the creator of the thread deserves a level of respect.

I have found these LED bulbs that require zero modification, plug and play for low/high beams for the 2015 WRX that uses the same stock bulbs (from the factory) as the 2015 Legacy, verified thru both Subaru owner's manuals, I have also found an LED fog light replacement bulb as well, can anyone verify if these do actually fit and work for the 2015 Legacy. Definitely as easier option than a HID conversion, I have included all the links below, thanks!

Low Beam LED:

http://www.subispeed.com/2015-subaru-wrx/lighting/low-beams/olm-hp-led-low-beam-bulbs-2015-wrx#.VLQQFcZqmH9

High Beam LED:

http://www.subispeed.com/2015-subaru-wrx/lighting/high-beams-drls/olm-hp-led-high-beam-drl-bulbs-2015-wrx-2015-sti#.VLQVuMZqmH8

Fog Light LED:

http://www.precisionled.com/subaru-legacy-premium-fog-light-led-package-2010-present.html

2015 legacy takes H11 for low and fog. dont remember what bulb is for high. do these led bulbs have integrated resistors in them ? usually with led retrofits resistors are needed to reduce power input into the light emitting diodes. those generate a lot of heat.

They have built in heat synchs, fans mounted behind the bulb to cool themselves, the site states nothing extra is needed, just install like you would the factory bulb, I found a video on YouTube last week where someone was showing them off and they had amazing results, I am seriously thinking about taking the plunge and ordering them.

On the 2.5i limited model the H11 doesn't fit with minor modification to the bulb tab.

I had to dremel a bit off the bigger tab to get the bulb twist in.

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

thats interesting. wonder how light output will look with leds thru the standard projectors .... personally i used to mod alot on one of my previous cars ... i put that 'disease' - if you will, to rest and just straight oem for me

They have built in heat synchs, fans mounted behind the bulb to cool themselves, the site states nothing extra is needed, just install like you would the factory bulb, I found a video on YouTube last week where someone was showing them off and they had amazing results, I am seriously thinking about taking the plunge and ordering them.

Ordered, I'll post shots if you want to hold off.

i'd like to see the output of those led's ... post up some pics when you have them installed and working.

driving home today, i paid some attention to the light output of my car (it's all stock) and felt output was pretty darn good for halogen headlights. the light was even and spread out correctly, with the sharp cutoffs you'd expect from light shone thru projectors. my headlight lenses were somewhat dirty with a little leftover salt from the road, but still illumination was nothing to complain about. my other car has Bi-Xenons, when i compare both, the Bi-Xenons seems somewhat brighter, but not by that much.

The legacy has pretty good projectors

almost all projectors are the same technology internally. with xenon light, the reflector baffles and reflectors are just slightly modified from the halogen versions.

i'm curious to see how led light output will look.

Thinking i might pop up my headlight this weekend to see if i can fit the RX350 afs, maybe Rx330 would be the best result, if not i have MD2S and MH1 to drop in easily if it needs too much work.

Still need to finish tuning the RX350 and the RX330 unless i decide to drop it in with clear lense only.

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

Archived