LegacyGT.com

Subyski's 2005 LGT Rebuild

Split the block tonight, definitely a spun bearing lol the two bearing halves were sandwiched on top of each other. all the others were showing some serious wear so they would not have lasted much longer.

I thinkn i am going to get a second opinion on the heads, they just make me uneasy.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its been a while since i've updated this, Been saving and colleting parts, celebrating holidays etc. Just sold my forester to give me the last of the funds to finish buying all the parts.

Just ordered ID 1000s and a conversion kit along with a fuel pump, Will be placing the order for the short block tonight as well. hope to have things going together in a week with break in by the end of FEB.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IGZP9D4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3CHHK8MNEK5LB]Amazon.com: Subaru 15010AA360 Oil Pump: Automotive[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IGZQU1E/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A20S5LN8OJRF0T]Amazon.com: Subaru A0910AS100 Engine Block Heater: Automotive[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I797EFU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A20S5LN8OJRF0T]Amazon.com: Subaru 10103AC050 Short Block Engine: Automotive[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IGZPK4M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A20S5LN8OJRF0T]Amazon.com: Subaru 10105AA720 Engine Gasket Kit: Automotive[/ame]

Its sent from a dealership so i would hope they know how to pack it.

Oh, no, they're in their own little box from the factory. Comes in a well, shortblock-sized box with little wooden feet on the bottom so that it can be moved with a pallet jack. If some of those parts are coming from the same place, they might stuff the gasket kit, oil pump, and block heater in the box with it, however, there's not a whole lot of "careful packaging" going on in that box -- It's got some foam and a piece of plywood so the crank doesn't puncture the side of the box.

It will not be guarded against any kind of drop or impact enroute; I suggest a thorough inspection of box and contents before you sign for it. Do not, under any circumstances, allow it to be left at your door while you are not home. Should any damage be found later, not having personally received and signed for the motor will essentially nullify any rights you have to make a claim against the carrier for damage.

^ thanks for the heads up and yes I plan to be there when it is delivered. Not going to leave 2k on my steps while i'm at work :lol:

Take pictures, not sure if it matters like in a car accident, but might be good to grab a small disposable camera opposed to the digital camera on your phone. lawyer's have been know to say you doctored the digital image and it is not original anymore... Your call there on what you want to use.

If you do see "ANY" damage, even if it looks like it is only the packaging box and is minimal and might not be too bad, document it on the shipping invoice before you sign. either ask the guy to do it or if he balks, then let him know you want to make some notes before you sign for it. Do not be bashful about this, people do this all the time and typically the driver is just trying to make their drop and get to the next one and finish their shift.

If he does not have a carbon copy for you to take with the shipment showing what you stated and what you signed for, get a picture of that too.

After the shipper leaves and while you are unpacking the package and you find additional problems or missing parts of said shipment it gives you more ground to stand on when you do need to make your claim against the shipper.

Less $ comes out of your pocket if stuff is missing.

You can see a picture of the box in my click here link. I think it one of the first pictures.

Doesn't Fredbeans and Heuberger sell the ej257 for $1645. any more ?

Oh, you'll still need the 1/2 moons for the back of the heads and some crush washers for the banjo's, remove the filters.

What about heater hoses ? replace all the hard to get to stuff.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Take pictures, not sure if it matters like in a car accident, but might be good to grab a small disposable camera opposed to the digital camera on your phone. lawyer's have been know to say you doctored the digital image and it is not original anymore... Your call there on what you want to use.

If you do see "ANY" damage, even if it looks like it is only the packaging box and is minimal and might not be too bad, document it on the shipping invoice before you sign. either ask the guy to do it or if he balks, then let him know you want to make some notes before you sign for it. Do not be bashful about this, people do this all the time and typically the driver is just trying to make their drop and get to the next one and finish their shift.

If he does not have a carbon copy for you to take with the shipment showing what you stated and what you signed for, get a picture of that too.

After the shipper leaves and while you are unpacking the package and you find additional problems or missing parts of said shipment it gives you more ground to stand on when you do need to make your claim against the shipper.

Less $ comes out of your pocket if stuff is missing.

Another reason I support Heuberger is because I did what you just suggested -- have the FedEx guy also document any damage to the box and make notes in his delivery report.

Good idea in theory, but, FedEx, and probably all other shippers, will tell you to go pound sand after you make your claim.

Luckily, Bryce at Heuberger had my back. He barked up the chain and made sure that the dropped motor was taken back and that I got another sent out. I also made sure my FedEx guy now knew what was in the box and to let me get it off the truck myself.

The long and short of it is that if you suspect there's any damage from shipping, do not accept the package. Don't feel bad about sending homeboy packing with a dropped motor still in his truck. Chances are, he's not the one who dropped it, the warehouse guys did.

But if you accept it and there's damage, you're taking a huge risk that it was dropped and something fell out place/moved out of tolerance and your motor could blow in like, 5k miles.

Archived