LegacyGT.com

06 front control arm rear bushings

Does anyone have any opinion on using the Whiteline W53353 kit vs the kca334?

Mine are needing to be done, and I see both listed.

The car is a daily driver, but where it's getting a little older, I'm fine with a little more customizing.

Thanks

Greg

I believe the only difference is that one has a caster adjustment the other is fixed. I did the 334 kit and it was relatively straight forward but getting the caster adjustment even had a bit of guesswork to it.

You do need a press to get them out of the control arm.

I just ordered subaru bushings and they were $15 for both front and rear, havent had them installed yet but I imagine they will be better than the ones that are destroyed now lol

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

I'm ok putting either Whiteline kit on, rather than the Subaru ones. I really don't like the design of the Subaru ones.

I'm just trying to get a feel whether people feel strongly about one Whiteline or the other.

I have a press and tools, so that's not an issue

Im going to upgrade mine to the white line. They're poly so they're a bit stiffer than the rubber stocker's. they should last and perform better than the stock ones, you may get a little noise or squeaking out of poly bushings but they usually settle after a while.

I've seen lots of horror story with poly bushings in that spot. Poly isn't made to bend like that. That's only what I've seen though, no personal experience. I'm probably going to get a set of group n bushings.

My wagon has whiteline front inner bushings and AVO rear LCA bushings. Both have been there almost 100,000 miles. They are great.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Go with caster ones, it is well worth the extra money over the regular ones. The at speed turn in on the car improves a lot.

I'm personally running Whiteline caster ones, but AVO ones are sufficient too. I just liked the ability to adjust caster (on whiteline) after installing them (incase you press them in wrong).

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

I've seen lots of horror story with poly bushings in that spot. Poly isn't made to bend like that. That's only what I've seen though, no personal experience. I'm probably going to get a set of group n bushings.

I have to agree. I had the kca334 whitelines on my LGT for a short time, and while they did improve the handling, the drivers side bushing ate itself in a very short time. Whiteline did warranty them but since the first set lasted such a short time and an alignment is required after install I wasn't interested in trying them again.

At the time I ended up just getting the stock replacement bushings, but in the future I'd like to try the Group-N.

I really think the best option for this bushing is actually a spherical bearing, but that's something that should be left for a race car due to severe NVH.

Just my $.02

At the time I ended up just getting the stock replacement bushings, but in the future I'd like to try the Group-N.

Just my $.02

What did your whiteline bushing look like when it failed? I just got some pressed in a couple months ago (my Avo failed after 2 years).

Do you know where to get the GroupN ones?

EDIT:

Found them here

http://www.rallispec.com/mou_bush_rstbk3.html

What did your whiteline bushing look like when it failed? I just got some pressed in a couple months ago (my Avo failed after 2 years).

Do you know where to get the GroupN ones?

EDIT:

Found them here

http://www.rallispec.com/mou_bush_rstbk3.html

I had a pic of the failed bushing somewhere, but now I can't find it. The top and bottom "caps" were fine, but the main bushing was wallowed out and crumbling. The tech at whiteline said he had never heard of that happening, but I did find another thread on here that showed a couple failures: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/could-use-some-knowledge-whiteline-lca-bushings-shot-after-3k-191082.html

Any pictures of group N ones? I don't see any fixed bushings lasting with the dumb control arm design. Spherical bearings would be fine because they can rotate, but probably will be too uncomfortable for daily driving.

I just got my whiteline bushings washers (my kit didn't have it), I'll take pictures of what my bushings look like, it's been over 5k miles on them I believe.

22 Ascent STOCK

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what my Whitelines look like after 10k miles. They look great still.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/covertrussian/Cars/05%20LGT/Suspension/Front%20LCA/Rear%20Bushing/CIMG0581.jpg~original

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/covertrussian/Cars/05%20LGT/Suspension/Front%20LCA/Rear%20Bushing/CIMG0582.jpg~original

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived