LegacyGT.com

ABS light on.

Is the fluid coming out of that supposed to be a milky white color?

No, brake fluid looks like brand new motor oil and should be a light amber color (a little darker with age/use), it shouldn't look milky white. I know when motor oil gets contaminated with enough moisture, you will get a milky white film under your oil cap. Brake fluid is highly hygroscopic and readily absorbs any moisture it can get, but I don't think it would ever turn milky white, I could be wrong though.

Can you post a picture of the part that's leaking on your car? I'm wondering if for some strange reason your joint connector was coated with anti-corrosion wax. The part I circled in the picture is what subaru coated with anti-corrosion wax as a part of the WQK-47 recall, except the joint connector underneath the car is what was supposed to be coated with anti-corrosion wax, not the connector in the engine bay. I wonder if maybe the technician coated both the joint connector under the car, and in the engine bay?

Pictures of connector under car before being coated

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4456614&postcount=23

After being coated as part of the second recall.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4905645&postcount=20

Covertrussian has better pictures at the bottom of the page below

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/05-09-legacy-outback-brake-line-corrosion-recall-204831p3.html

*If you can tell me what the green/white wire you cut was near, I might be able to tell you what that wire was for. Was the wire solid green, with a white stripe? I looked quickly and didn't see any green wires with a white stripe associated with the brakes or abs system.

I'm thinking you cut the wiper deicer relay wire, which is harmless since our cars don't have wiper deicers. In the first image "GW" that I highlighted stands for a solid green wire with a white stripe.

wiperdeicer.thumb.jpg.9707a9b2bcd66fe6f5bfd0ff2e2a7314.jpg

b225.thumb.jpg.76c482030367292c658fef1f8319d57d.jpg

wiperdeicerrelay.jpg.720d723ee5992b9a1586c29bfe667146.jpg

I'm thinking you cut the wiper deicer relay wire, which is harmless since our cars don't have wiper deicers. In the first image "GW" that I highlighted stands for a solid green wire with a white stripe.

Thanks a lot for all the help man, really appreciate it!

The recall fixes the area just forward and above the rear trailing arm, where the brake line transitions from the first metal-to-rubber connection. Corrodes and leaks.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

What color was the fluid by the rear tire? Milky white or like motor oil? I really think what you're seeing is the anti-corrosion wax, which is a milky white color.

I took the pictures below after having the recall done on my car for a second time. They really went to town the second time around, you can see all the excess wax that dripped down onto my plastic trap door, and you can see the streaks on the underside of the plastic.

*It also sounds like the technician who performed the recall on your car did a little extra and coated the joint connector next to your strut tower with the anti-corrosion wax. I don't think subaru called for the connector under the hood to get coated, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

1.thumb.jpg.9ff8de2b6a10a3aadee1e931d0717375.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.71946e74008bfdb44e822e26510cac7e.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.cd9640f67a579da5a560237192715701.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived