LegacyGT.com

injector and f pump recomendations for bnr 16g

As has been said many times already, That turbo is beyond it efficiency range in the upper RPMS. There is no point to not taper. Sure maybe you could get an extra 25HP on paper, but your car wont like it. You said yourself you don't want to burn shit up, does that include your shortblock? If you choose to push a turbo beyond its efficiency range, its going to just create a higher temperature for everything and literally burn shit up. Boost isn't the only item modified for tuning.

That stage you are standing on has quite a few dents in it. Its seems many Microphones have been sacrificed in an effort to beat some common knowledge redundancy into this thread.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the evoIII 16g does run out of steam but not untill around 6k rpm which is where i would shift to be at max TQ in the next gear. so im not really running it that hard.

also i have said more than once that my next mod is methanol injection, it will be a 2 stage with a small spray pre turbo, and a large spray pre Throttle body. and i already spray the intercooler externally which reduces intake temps dramatically !

I was referring to the vf48 you had mentioned. It looks like your set-up for meth is in good order. Good luck, post your results and let us know how everything is running post tune. If you are running the 16G, I believe you can now call your car stage 3. I will be installing an intercooler sprayer come spring. I am glad to hear it will be worth my while.

oh yea its deff stage 3:

Built EJ257 8.5 comp

manley rods

manley pistons

king bearings

11mm sti pump

hardened crank

evoIII 16g (ported exhaust housing)

Ported exh manifold (wrapped)

Tsudo up pipe cattless (wrapped)

invidia down pipe cattless

q300

dw 65c

dw 850cc

STI FPR

TGV delete

gfb 50/50

22.5psi, 16deg timing, avcs tuned for max VE

prolly the best changes the car were the avcs, lowering fan temps, rescaling WG tables(faster spool), and the DBW tables, these small changes yeilded more responsiveness than any of the bolt ons besides the EVOIII...

as for the vf48, its on a bugeye 2.0 so its way more than enough turbo, if it were a 2.5l though i would agree

• 3 weeks later...

Well shit, just bought a 16g, figured it was a good time for a down pipe too. Just stumbled across some DW650cc in my garage that happen to fit my car, which led me to the thread.

The mod bug bit me and now I need a pump and top mount for my install and tune!

if you have a full exhaust either external or port the shit out of the stock WG and get an ebcs. without porting that 16g+ cattles turbo back will overboost when colder than 40 deg f

you dont have to go nuts on the wg hole, more the way its blocked in housing there is a lip behind the bellmouth

Strange. I have never heard of the BNR turbos experiencing boost creep. Several tuners here made a point of stating that.

Sent from a device using some software.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

So just for clarification, I have an 06 LGT, I upgraded to a Kinugawa TD05H 16G after my stock VF40 grenaded back in October. I'm still waiting on a new downpipe and a few other supporting mods. But I can safely run this turbo with stock fuel injectors? For reliability sake I will probably upgrade to a better fuel pump. I will be talking to the person who is actually going to be tuning my car, and I want to at least sound like I know what I'm talking about.

every subaru ive ever seen creeps cree0s with cattless up, dp, and high flow mid/axle back.

even when i bought my DP they warned me.

i have tsudo up, invidia DP, invidia q300 and even at 0% wgdc i hit 24psi past 5500 rpm when its colder than 40°f

another example is a bugeye with vf48 i just tuned needed a silencer installed because he was creeping to 22 over 5200 rpm even at 0%. silencer cut him down to 18psi and then i added wgdc back in to the mid range....

How do I unsubscribe from this thread?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

So just for clarification, I have an 06 LGT, I upgraded to a Kinugawa TD05H 16G after my stock VF40 grenaded back in October. I'm still waiting on a new downpipe and a few other supporting mods. But I can safely run this turbo with stock fuel injectors? For reliability sake I will probably upgrade to a better fuel pump. I will be talking to the person who is actually going to be tuning my car, and I want to at least sound like I know what I'm talking about.

For reliability's sake have you read the following thread

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/turbo-failure-wiki-173358.html

and made damn sure that the turbo failure isn't going to grenade your engine?

How do I unsubscribe from this thread?

From a computer, thread tools, unsubscribe. Although, you keep contributing valuable input so....

I'm going to thread jack with a 16g question. I'm going to purchase an 05 OBXT with a td05 16G already installed by owner before current owner. my question...

can I run that on a stock fuel system with potentially no tune at wastegate boost? or do I need to be careful and get a tune right away?

I plan on going through the paperwork car has, and through the car itself before i go much of anywhere. I'm not new to tuning and turbos, just turbo subarus so I just wanted an opinion. anyone can PM me if you don't want to respond here

Archived